• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICT Tech working in Nevada or Hacking & Security

connorap

LAC
Been a long while since ive had chance to browse the forum, however today is the first time in my 9 weeks here ive had chance to get onto a PC, first local leave weekend! So i was wondering if anyone could tell me if there was a chance of my trade (ICT Technician) getting posted to the base out in Nevada for a tour, not quite sure what they do out there but i figured that any base now days has a degree of IT equiptment that needs maintaining, but do they use there own IT Techs to deal with it or outsource to civvy's. I also like the sound of working on the security side of IT working alone side the police searching for stuff like idiots posting sensitive information on social networking sites etc or moving into hacking, was just wondering if anyone knows the path you would need to go down and how much experience i might need before i would be able to apply for a posting like that.

Thanks in advance, ill make a update post of how im getting on down here at good old Halton.

miniboo

SAC
There are ICT Techs at Creech but only Cpl's and above and I don't think they are posting anyone new out there for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

unruly1986

Sergeant
Been a long while since ive had chance to browse the forum, however today is the first time in my 9 weeks here ive had chance to get onto a PC, first local leave weekend! So i was wondering if anyone could tell me if there was a chance of my trade (ICT Technician) getting posted to the base out in Nevada for a tour, not quite sure what they do out there but i figured that any base now days has a degree of IT equiptment that needs maintaining, but do they use there own IT Techs to deal with it or outsource to civvy's. I also like the sound of working on the security side of IT working alone side the police searching for stuff like idiots posting sensitive information on social networking sites etc or moving into hacking, was just wondering if anyone knows the path you would need to go down and how much experience i might need before i would be able to apply for a posting like that.

Thanks in advance, ill make a update post of how im getting on down here at good old Halton.

Get to Cosford first..!