• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ian Blythe RIP

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
It was with great sadness that I reported the sad demise of Dave Murray only a few short days ago Dave was one half of the Cosford Sgts mess vintage pair. His long time buddy and other half of the vintage pair Ian Blythe has now very sadly joined him in a better place. Ian was a rarity in todays world a character and a jock who would happily buy you a beer expecting none in return. Grumpy when the mood took him as befits an old ex chief but with a willngness to help others if they needed it. Ian like Dave had fund of stories usually humerous and self depreciating. If I may give an example.

Ian's bad luck.
As a senior fairy chief (i.e. old) Ian suddenly had bad chest pains at work. So with some urgency the Med Center sent him to hospital for a check up on his ticker. So the standard green RAF land rover ambulance within Ian and duty medic inside sets off all noise, blues and twos the works. The driver rushes through a red light only to get T-boned by another vehicle at which point the land rover rolls pinning Ian underneath (Broken Pelvis was the result). The eventual hospital diagnosis on his ticker. Your tickers fine mate just leave the spicey food alone gives you bad indigestion at your age.

Last edited:
M

Mrs_Monobrow

Didnt know either of them but RIP and condolences to family and friends.

Can i ask how both died?

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Didnt know either of them but RIP and condolences to family and friends. Can i ask how both died?

Mrs M the mess vintage pair, a.k.a. Stadler and Waldorf amongst other names for the two of them were friends for years, decades even and although they passed away within a month of each other their untimely demise was not connected. Dave succumbed to the big C after along struggle and Ian just passed gently into a better place after being ill for some time. Both were good mates of mine they will be missed and it leaves two seats spare in Bullsh!t corner.

M

Mrs_Monobrow

Mrs M the mess vintage pair, a.k.a. Stadler and Waldorf amongst other names for the two of them were friends for years, decades even and although they passed away within a month of each other their untimely demise was not connected. Dave succumbed to the big C after along struggle and Ian just passed gently into a better place after being ill for some time. Both were good mates of mine they will be missed and it leaves two seats spare in Bullsh!t corner.

Ah ok. I did wonder if it was connected or not. Still a little freaky though that 2 good friends pass so close.

Anyway, sorry for your loss Tin basher and anyone else who knew them. They sound like good men. :pDT_Xtremez_28: