• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

how many falklands vets are still serving

briggfairy

Sergeant
following on from the thread about when the last person to serve in WW2 left, I'm curious as to how many falklands veterans still serving?

by my rudimental maths that conflict finished 36 years ago this year which means that if you were old enough to deploy in 1982 you would be 54 at the very least this year, which should mean that over the next couple of years the final raf veterans from this conflict will be leaving.

norfolkred1

Sergeant
I went to a Top Table of a mate who has just completed 38 and have another next week for the same milestone, so still a few about but I doubt many unless you count reservists etc.