• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Home brew

G

grumpyoldb

I've heard a lot of good reports on those beers, and they're on my list to do.

This is my first brew for 20 years so I plumped for a standard geordi yorkshire bitter as an experiment. I wouldn't like to trash a premium kit at the first attempt. :pDT_Xtremez_14:

I used sugar with this one, but next time I'll try using spray malt with it.

G

grumpyoldb

After a week fermenting, and a further seven days in the bottle I decided to have a little taste...................well you have to, don't you? It's the law.

Here it is. Geordie homebrew yorkshire bitter.
Clear as a bell, a nice frothy head, and a taste that I haven't found in a pub beer for 30 years.

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 0

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Do yourself a favour Grumps, get one of those 2 can kits. The quality is superb, more body to the beer, no need for sugar or spraymalt, well worth it.

Realist78

Master of my destiny
After a week fermenting, and a further seven days in the bottle I decided to have a little taste...................well you have to, don't you? It's the law.

Here it is. Geordie homebrew yorkshire bitter.
Clear as a bell, a nice frothy head, and a taste that I haven't found in a pub beer for 30 years.[/QUOTE]

That's a fact right enough.

G

grumpyoldb

Do yourself a favour Grumps, get one of those 2 can kits. The quality is superb, more body to the beer, no need for sugar or spraymalt, well worth it.

I'm working my way up to it. Softly softly, catchee monkey....................! :pDT_Xtremez_14:

B

Biggsoir

Well decided to opt for Woodfordes Great Eastern which is now sitting in bottles patientlt waiting to be drunk. In the meantime decided to experiment with some "cider"....... chucked some apple juice, apples and some honey in my fermenting bin with some yeast yesterday. Checked it today and it's looking good...... interested to see how it turns out.

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Well decided to opt for Woodfordes Great Eastern which is now sitting in bottles patientlt waiting to be drunk. In the meantime decided to experiment with some "cider"....... chucked some apple juice, apples and some honey in my fermenting bin with some yeast yesterday. Checked it today and it's looking good...... interested to see how it turns out.

Did you simply chop the apples? You might need to borrow a cider/fruit press to extract all the juice. Google cider making for some good gen. Hope it turns out OK.

B

Biggsoir

Fired them in the blender..... don't really have the space to make cider the correct way so what I will end up like will no doubt be more like the sort of booze they make in prison! Mostly used cartons of apple juice from the supermarket and just addded a few real apples to try and get a bit of flavour into it...