• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Helping an RAF Vet and his family.

Sean29

LAC
Good morning E-Goat,

I'm appealing to any RAF vets or serving members to help me and my colleages at 825 NAS send our freind Simon Taylor and his family to Disney land, as he has recently found out that his leukaemia is now terminal.

You may notice that that's a naval air squadron, but Simon Taylor served 8 years in the RAF when he younger (this was about 1991-1999 if any here happen to have worked with him) so I thought i'd try drum some support here too. This is the info off our Justgiving page:

"Leading aircraft engineering technician Simon Taylor is employed on 825 squadron, maintaining the Wildcat helicopter based at RNAS Yeovilton in Somerset.

Sadly Simon was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia in November 2015. After chemotherapy and a successful bone marrow transplant Simon was on the road to recovery. Unfortunately in January of this year the leukaemia has returned. The prognosis was not good and Simon may just have 12 months to live.

We aim to raise the money in a number of ways firstly locally held fund raising events, And secondly a charity auction held prior to Easter.

We are aiming to raise at least £10000 at the soonest opportunity as Simon's condition may deteriorate. He may not be able to travel.

Thank you in advance for your donations I'm sure with your help we can reach our goal of sending Simon and family to Disney World Florida"

In just a few days we have already raised over 3000£ showing how liked Simon is, and alongside the page we will be running local events to help raise more funds (some are listed on the justgiving page linked bellow).

I understand everyone is short of money these days, so even if your unable to donate could you please share the link to his page on social media, it may reach people who may be able to donate and according to the pages data each share equates to an average of 10£ donated. Simon now has a combined service time of over 14 years and would of gone on to complete a full career for his country.

Thank you

LAET S Counihan

Just giving link:
https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/jon-over?utm_id=106&utm_term=mzGVM9yQa

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Thanks for putting this on here...sad to hear of his issues but pleased to see that people care about him! What trade was he in the RAF? I played cricket with a techy called Simon Taylor at St Mawgan but it's quite a common name... for

Sean29

LAC
Cheers Vim_Fuego, we're just trying to push it as far as we can, so many people have been very generous thus far and we've got so much planned, the raffle were running has some crazy generous prizes too. I appologise if I get the title wrong but it was something like Radar opperater/technician, it was deffo off aircraft. Hes 6foot5 and from Kent, back then he would of been a beanpole! Ill ask him when I see him mate.