• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Help

N

Noodle

Looks like med discharge is looming for me.
Haven't got a clue what to do.
Been a Rigger since I left school and I hate to admit that I am f****** terrified

M

monobrow

on what grounds?

remember though, if they can cut numbers without paying people off then it's better for the RAF's books.

I've seen a few people have this kind of treatment.

Apply for redundancy NOW! get the cash they are offering!

T

Tigger

PM sent, you'll be fine mate, theres loads of work about. I had two job offers last week.

P

POB

Rbl

Rbl

Don't forget to register with The Royal British Legion. They are very good at making sure that you get the pension/grants etc that you are entitled too. It is worth looking them up now, and speaking to them before you leave, although they can't do much for you until you have actually left.

If the reason that you are leaving is very serious, then I would also make your local RAFA aware of your position, they are good for advice as well...

Good luck though, whatever happens, and keep us posted on the goat!

P

G

gemarriott

Noodle,

I have sent you a PM, there is loads of good stuff out here if you know where to look.

theladf

Cynic & Conspiracy Theorist
Don't panic.

Don't panic.

Take full advantage of all that you can get with regards to resettlement, ask your resettlement clerk for details of the Career Transition Partnership & Career Transition Workshops (i'm doing mine next month)

PM sent.

T

Tigger

CTW was excellent. Its worth it for the CV writing alone.
Also you can get loads of gash days off to go to Job Fairs. The engineering ones are very good, I got offered jobs at everyone I went to.
Another thing to go to is the Farborough Airshow. Lots of companies on the lookout for engineers.
I know of a company looking for an engineer to go out to Kuwait on 25K tax free with free accomodation to work on helos. I just got offered that one.

Tiggs

the_crab

SAC
Noodle said:
Looks like med discharge is looming for me.
Haven't got a clue what to do.
Been a Rigger since I left school and I hate to admit that I am f****** terrified

so was I mate.................been a rigger 26 yrs and got my PVR last week..........CTW was brill for CV's and just general good gen. this is the most relaxed i've felt in years.................lol..............still a QA b'stard tho