• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

help please

M

mcguire123

Having spoken with recruiting sgt's recently ive manged to answer my own question regarding the run, apparently there is'nt one.
I'm reliably informed that my only phys tests at Halton next year will be the BEEP TEST and either a 5km or 5 mile tab with 75lb's loaded into a bergen.
There is i assume a swimming test, i believe its over 50 metres, but what is this GROW BAG people keep referring to?
Also, it seems a shame that there is no 1.5 mile run, as i had worked bloody hard to get my time down to 11.5 minutes, well inside the 13.5 i had been quoted.
There seem to be so many rumours on here, i dont know if its just confusion over the training differences between the regt gunners, auggies and reg's, if indeed there are any.
If anyone can help clarify which bits of info i should take onboard i'd be grateful.
Cheers
Steve

tats

Sergeant
Having spoken with recruiting sgt's recently ive manged to answer my own question regarding the run, apparently there is'nt one.
I'm reliably informed that my only phys tests at Halton next year will be the BEEP TEST and either a 5km or 5 mile tab with 75lb's loaded into a bergen.
There is i assume a swimming test, i believe its over 50 metres, but what is this GROW BAG people keep referring to?
Also, it seems a shame that there is no 1.5 mile run, as i had worked bloody hard to get my time down to 11.5 minutes, well inside the 13.5 i had been quoted.
There seem to be so many rumours on here, i dont know if its just confusion over the training differences between the regt gunners, auggies and reg's, if indeed there are any.
If anyone can help clarify which bits of info i should take onboard i'd be grateful.
Cheers
Steve

I thought Rocks trained at Honnington not Halton? Halton recruits don't do 1.5 mile runs for their fitness tests, they do the bleep test, they also don't run with 75lbs in their bergens.

Boarderlyne

Sergeant
I think that the original confusion is that McGuire has to undergo Potential Gunners Acquaintance Course (PGAC for short) at Honington and they will have different levels of fitness for that course as opposed to Recruit Training which is carried out at Halton

See attached link for the best gen on the net I wanna be a Rock

Red-Rock

Sergeant
Cheers
Steve

If you are asking about the fitness testing on PGAC (Potential Gunners Aquaintance Course) then you will have to do the RAF Fitness Test (bleep test) and acheive a standard of 9.10, a 3 mile run to be completed in 24 mins and a swimming test.

As for the TG course itself then there are numerous physical tests all through the course, including the 1.5 mile run. This though is done in 2 stages. You do 1.5 miles out of camp in 14 minutes then a best effort run back in. The second part is to be completed in under 10.5 mins.

The loaded marches on the TG course don't start until about week 8 and they start off VERY light and build up to the ROFA (Regeimental Operational Fitness Assessment) which is a 10km march carrying 76lbs. This is done in week 17 of the course. You will also conplete a 2 mile speed march carrying 55lbs in a time of 24mins. Also as part of the ROFA there is the swimming test and the 6 foot wall test. This involves climbing over a 6 foot wall in full rig carrying 55lbs of kit (webbing/helmet & rifle)

Hope this has answered all of your questions. If you have any more then drop me a PM