• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

help needed with press ups...

wench02

SAC
fitness test in five weeks time, assuming ipass the medical, and I have to admit, I am struggling with the press ups. I have been working on it for minths, and I can sort of do them, I just need to get technique exactly right. I end up trying to do them with a bent body.

Have a trainer who is helping me, but any tips on how to improve press ups wpuld be a great bonus. I really really want to get in now!

hiya to sort out the bent body situation put your feet on something when in the press up position about 8 to 10 inches will do the trick. assuming its bent in the ass up position if bent the other way then do plank exercises to improve core stregnth

wench02

SAC
It's def not arse up! Planks and press ups are already in my routine, looks like I will be doing more of them!

It's def not arse up! Planks and press ups are already in my routine, looks like I will be doing more of them!

First of all check you are doing the correct form in your press up, log onto the RAF website and look at the pictures and video of how to do a correct press up.

Then during advert breaks do as many as you can (each advert break is approx 3 mins long) record how many you do on a Monday between a given programme, eg Coronation Street. Then every time there is an advert break in that programme for the rest of the week, do press ups (in the correct form) then record how many you do.
I can gaurantee that you will have done more come the Friday of that week. Keep doing that and you will be good to go come the time of your PRTC fitness test.