• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Help!! MTD q's.

M

MILZ

Does anyone actually come in here and read these posts?!

Anyway....ok, I'm a reservist and about to start trade training with 4624 movements, but before I do I was considering transferring to 606 MT, pros and cons to each, but I want to know stuff before I make my decision.

I want to join MTD because I really want my class2 and 1, was told by flt sgt the 1st thing I'd do when I join the sqn is get my mdvla medical and get booked in for class 2 theory, great...then I heard another girl who has been in a few years has only just got her class 2....not good!! I want to get it and get on with it.

Also, I hear they have good training weekends then run out of things to do?!!
We are not a much ' on a par' as the regulars once we finish training, but in 4624 we are as good as the regulars, and the mobilisation with 606 MT is on a volunteer basis. Secondly, most MTD's apparently go there but don't end up doing their trade/what they are trained for but are gofers!!!

Please someone reply......they really 'sold it' to me at the info evening, then I go back to my sqn and they say its all crap, but I know each sqn is trying to sell itsself. What do I do?!!

sapper

LAC
I see this post is a few months old now, so what did you do? I am about to apply for 606 as a driver but I dont want to sit around doing nothing!!