• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Health, safety, fire & tree hugging courses

Irritant.

LAC
Anyone wishing to get serious health and safety qualifications?

You need to start at level 3. The most widely recognised qualifications are NEBOSH. Forget level 2 qualifications. They are not sufficient.

OMS health and safety are in based centrally in the Midlands (Google them). Hotels are nearby and the MoD will pay if you are on resettlement.

OMS take ELCAS and have put together a package that will allow full use of ELCAS and give you up to 4 NEBOSH qualifications. They will also tailor other courses to suit which will also get you qualifications such as PTLLs.

NEBOSH qualifications are not easy to pass but OMS give full support. They also offer this guarantee: - “

If a service leaver is doing any level 3 course with OMS then that course WILL RUN. EVEN IF the service leaver is the only student.”

Some e-goat members have already gained qualifications already with OMS. And the instructors include three ex-military personnel. Ex RAF, Royal Engineer & Royal Marine.

Irritant.

LAC
Classroom based. Some providers do distance learning but not OMS. Not too sure if I would want to do distance learning as NEBOSH courses are not easy. Not only do you need to know the subject, there is a way of answering the questions as well. Having said that, just because it does suit me, doesnt me that distance learning will not suit you.