• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Greetings

Digby

LAC
SpecTel -> ROT -> CSA
399su then 591su. 591 were the happiest years of my working life, I bloody loved it there. Ended up in 'Compusec' what we now call Cyber Security. Served me well!
Being on det with some of the characters there, I'll never forget it. One disaster to another :D

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
Diggers has most certainly changed since your time. Personally I've been posted there twice, and I'd rather PVR than accept another posting there....I don't know what's more soul-destroying: the work environment, the station itself, or it's location!

Digzster

Sergeant
Diggers has most certainly changed since your time. Personally I've been posted there twice, and I'd rather PVR than accept another posting there....I don't know what's more soul-destroying: the work environment, the station itself, or it's location!

The four letter influence? ......ARMY

Digby

LAC
When I was there I eventually bought my own place in Lincoln, a lot of us in the ROT trade did just that. Lincoln was a nice place, we (my then GF who became my wife) loved it there, great pubs and restaurants. Some of the Lincoln locals had a reputation for being a bit anti-RAF, i never experienced any problems myself.

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
The four letter influence? ......ARMY

That's certainly a large part of it, yes (though the same can be said for every Joint posting our trade has just now. Int Corps aren't so bad to work for, but I'd rather dip my nadgers in molten lead than work for RSigs Regt.

When I was there I eventually bought my own place in Lincoln, a lot of us in the ROT trade did just that. Lincoln was a nice place, we (my then GF who became my wife) loved it there, great pubs and restaurants. Some of the Lincoln locals had a reputation for being a bit anti-RAF, i never experienced any problems myself.

Yeah quite a lot of the 'RAF Lincolnshire' tribe still tend to buy locally. There are still great pubs and restaurants, and I've not nothing against Lincoln itself, generally it's got everything you could need. But Digby itself is pretty soulless; there's an air of depression than seems to surround the camp. It's not so much a problem with the locals, more the 1st world problems that come with living in that area (crappy roads that never seem to get de-iced in winter, micro-bugs that flood your house in summer, the stink from the surrounding fields, the fact that you can't walk to a local pub without risking your life on the unlit, pavementless roads, etc).

Digby

LAC
Oh god yes, I remember walking to the Royal Oak in Scopwick many times on that fast road in the middle of winter, just for a decent pint of bitter and some cheese and pickle sandwiches :D
No wonder so many of us moved off base.

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
Oh god yes, I remember walking to the Royal Oak in Scopwick many times on that fast road in the middle of winter, just for a decent pint of bitter and some cheese and pickle sandwiches :D
No wonder so many of us moved off base.

Royal Oak - very nice looking pub, never had the guts to walk that far (in the dark, no pavement, risk of beer goggles on the way home...)