• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Goodbye Cosford

4everAD

Sergeant
Well after nearly 4 years I'm off to pastures new. My memories of Cosford are thus:
(I'm pointing no individual fingers of blame so please take no personal offence if your area is covered)

1. The best Gym and Staff I've had the pleasure of dealing with so far.
2. The social life for Juniors in Quarters is abysmal / non-existent.
3. Working with trainees has been, on the whole, the best thing i've done in my career.
4. I have to say site services on the whole have been surprisingly good and many a time i've had to request "weird" things at short notice and people will usually do their best to help.
5. The relationship between Civvies and RAF is starting to get more strained with each worried the other will "Pinch" their job.
6. The SWO is without doubt the nicest one i've met (No B*llockings at all in 4 years).

To all those thinking of trying Instructor Duties I can heartilly recommend it, most of the time you do feel you're making a difference to the future of your trade and you even come home sometimes with a smile on your face when you've helped someone through a phase of training that otherwise they'd have failed.

Bye.

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
It seems like you have had a positive tour, its always good to hear of someone who wanted to be a good instructor.

I hope you enjoy your pastures new!

Slightly off topic, do they still have those Burnham lecturers there?

Goatherdingsplitter

Rebel without a clue
It seems like you have had a positive tour, its always good to hear of someone who wanted to be a good instructor.

I hope you enjoy your pastures new!

Slightly off topic, do they still have those Burnham lecturers there?

If I am to believe the gospel according to Metrix - not for much longer!

Good luck to the OP for the future, I know how much hard work our "future RAF" can be:pDT_Xtremez_30:

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
It's tempting, the instructor thing, I just couldn't face being at Cosford. I hate the place!

Shugster

Warrant Officer
It's tempting, the instructor thing, I just couldn't face being at Cosford. I hate the place!

I actually quite liked it. I would have liked to have done the instructor thing had I stayed in.

If you hate Cosford Masher then you've obviously never been to St. Athan. :raf:

Goatherdingsplitter

Rebel without a clue
I actually quite liked it. I would have liked to have done the instructor thing had I stayed in.

If you hate Cosford Masher then you've obviously never been to St. Athan. :raf:

Absocottonpickinlutely. My 1st impression of Halton one dark December's night in 1973 was that it resembled a scene from "Colditz". It didn't take long though to get "established" with the local girls/scaley brats, instructors & clubs and things suddenly started looking up. Left there with mixed feelings and leaving somewhere I had grown to get the best from (including a Mooses!). Cosford pales in comparison with my memories from Halton, but St Athan has always been a total exclusion zone for me after a visit in the late 70s.