• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Good old days in the Malley

PH II

LAC
I wonder just how many folk remember the good and the bad days in the Malley.
Having served on 19 at Wildenrath and 18 at Laarbruch I remember life before and after the life of the tax free car in BFG so lets not bang on about the rosey life in BFG because life certainly changed.
Mrs Malley ruled with a rod of iron and were probably as important to life in BFG as the FFR. If you have never woken up in the phone box outside the Malley at Laarbruch you've never lived. The Chicken Inn at Gut, The Scnelly outside Bruggen, Kev's and the Eng Inn, does it get any better? No
Yes we had Life with black & white number plates, car searches and staying away from Roermond but we did all pull together. Gulf war 1 changed BFG for good but not 'for good'. I dont remember singing squadron songs since Wildenrath but I can remember every word of the 19/92 songs we sang.
I just wonder if those days will ever return to the RAF and if our so called commanders realise that Mrs Malley contributed more to life in the military than Sodexo ever will.