• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Good morning

cc1

LAC
Firstly, thankyou for letting me join.

I'm currently RM (10yrs) applying for a direct-transfer to the RAF (ofwhich the reasons are numerous!) but thought I'd join up here to help me in the application process if I come-a-cropper en route. No better place for 'gen' info than those that have been there & done it!

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Welcome to the font of all knowledge RAF and the respository of endless bull**** - depending on your take. Just name your chosen Branch/Trade and someone will be along to beguile you shortly with bucketloads of conflicting information.

cc1

LAC
Welcome to the font of all knowledge RAF and the respository of endless bull**** - depending on your take. Just name your chosen Branch/Trade and someone will be along to beguile you shortly with bucketloads of conflicting information.

:pDT_Xtremez_31: It's either that or ring my branch-advisor... Both outcomes are roughly the same!

Seeking a commission as a Personnel Training Officer, with a view to work at the SERE School (RAF St. Mawgan).

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I can probably help you out with the commissioning process and the early stages if you have any questions. There are a few St mawgan types around, but mostly in mourning for the Nimrod, and I'm certain there are some pers admin types ready to help you with the Phase 2 stuff.

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
Welcome - I've known a coulple of your guys over the years, from tri-service courses with Y Troop. It's lucky that you RM types are thick skinned, given your career choice - you've got a career full of P.Ed(O) jokes just sitting, waiting for you...

cc1

LAC
Welcome - I've known a coulple of your guys over the years, from tri-service courses with Y Troop. It's lucky that you RM types are thick skinned, given your career choice - you've got a career full of P.Ed(O) jokes just sitting, waiting for you...

Ha, Jimmy Saville's affinity with the Corps is well known so I guess I come well prepared!

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
:pDT_Xtremez_31: It's either that or ring my branch-advisor... Both outcomes are roughly the same!

Seeking a commission as a Personnel Training Officer, with a view to work at the SERE School (RAF St. Mawgan).

I can help with aspects of the SERE school and perhaps a visit if that will help. I'm living down here and currently in contact with STM for various reasons.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Ha, Jimmy Saville's affinity with the Corps is well known so I guess I come well prepared!

I'll get the two stock pieces of banter out of the way now shall I?

RM eh? What instrument do you play?

How do you drown a RM/P Ed O? (it works for both)....Put a mirror on the bottom of a swimming pool.

Sniffer

Super Moderator
Not always. Certain roles down there used to be on the Manning site for volunteers from any trade. A colleague of mine undertook the training before realising maybe it wasnt for her.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Aren't all SERE instructors either rocks or aircrew?

No. I was taught RTI by a RM. if this chap has the skill sets then e enthrall you he may be able to wangle a way down there...I would have thought he'd have to do his time on a station or two first.

cc1

LAC
Vim_Fuego said:
No. I was taught RTI by a RM. if this chap has the skill sets then e enthrall you he may be able to wangle a way down there...I would have thought he'd have to do his time on a station or two first.

Aye, there's a handful of Bootnecks down there staying off the radar and loving life... My best-man is one of them!

I can help with aspects of the SERE school and perhaps a visit if that will help. I'm living down here and currently in contact with STM for various reasons.

I'd appreciate that greatly - will PM you!

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Worked at the old RAF SCS&R between two proper jobs, only as a support jobby though, one of the best summers I ever had, used to love watching the trolly dollies gutting the fish and skinning the rabbits.

Can't really say much about the rest, wouldn't want to spoil the surprise.

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk