• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Goat Biker Population

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Just as a matter of interest, how many of the current Goater population are bikers? What is your current steed? Any epic rides out this summer?

Wobbly_Jon

Corporal
I've been a biker since before the enforced helmet law.
My current steed is a 1960 Norton Slimline 99 600cc.
Previous beasties from first to last have been Triumph Tiger Cub, Honda CG125, Honda RS250, Kawasaki Z400/4, BMW R80RT, Ducati ST2, Honda ST1100, Triumph Speedmaster, BMWR100RT.
Now I stick to my all time fav and inflation buffer, my good old Norton that only goes out when the weather is good coz I'm getting to old to be cold.

foxOneFive

Corporal
Had bikes for 35+ years. Currently xt660x, MT-07 & FZR1000 exup 1989, which I'm too scared to ride these days, come to think of it was scary to ride it 20 years ago! Off to Copdock near Ipswich Sunday, good show for a tenner, but will be a pussy and we'll take 4 wheels, anything under 21 deg these days they don't come out

Kryten

Warrant Officer
I'm currently riding an FJR1300 - nice, powerful bike, comfortable to ride, fitted with panniers and a handy little Garmin mount for long journeys.

In the past I have leant towards sports bikes - I had a ZZR1400, then followed that up with a Busa - and part of me wants to get another sports bike purely for the performance and Poser Factor....

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Don’t have a bike at the moment, last one was a Street Triple, prefer Naked bikes as it keeps the top speed down, or at least aware of it.

loved living in Lincs, some great rides, although not the best place to have an off.

Martin Blank

Sergeant
Got a C1500T Suzuki Intruder for me and the Mrs and a Suzuki V-Strom 650 runabout/commuter
Done a couple of 500 mile in a day trips around Wales and the North Midlands/Yorkshire just for sh#ts and giggles
Rain stopped play on our 2019 Scotland Holiday Tour.
Commute daily unless it's snowing or icy.
Do charity for the www.armedforcesbikers.co.uk