• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gash by name and Gash by nature

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Gentleman Spy

Oh pray tell brother spooks is anyone else getting as frustrated with the new 'Gashness' that seems to mystically move us at the most inopportune times.

Have been at a secret military HQ somewhere north of gracelands for a while now and was told to 'prepare to move'..only for it to go quiet on the posting front.

All forms of electronic message carrying dove that have been dispatched have been brought down by the 'dont bother me I am busy with your careers' IADS that is set up on the outskirts of that fabled base somewhere in 1940's Gloucestershire.

Hear stories from fellows from a different fraternity that are moved in this mystical manner that they are also suffering... still never mind...it's not as if there is a war to fight or anything....:pDT_Xtremez_06:

R

Ricit XIII

Dwr

Dwr

It is more an more common to see the same faces appearing on DWR at the sametime. Yet again I am on det and my compariate from the Big J has been put on det in another theatre. There must be a list of who does and gets on with it, a list of jobs worth who don't and finally a list of those who use every excuse going and won't. We know which people is in what grouping and so do they!

G

glass half full

With you there......
Some moons ago I was tracked down on leave by the career managers and told that I had 3 weeks notice to go away for 6 months, and yes, they were aware that I had recently returned from OOA. Leave instantly cut short, picture/no sound from long-haired general.....
When I phoned around some "compatriots" to say I was going to be OOA, a couple were proud of the fact that they had dodged said det. Added straight onto my list.
Cheers wings. Hope your next $hit is a hedgehog.

J

JustACowboy

:pDT_Xtremez_14:

I concur - If I did not know better I would guess that the branch is made up of perhaps 2 dozen people - who all ways appear in the same places - as if they were drawn together by some invisable force!

The only problem (apart from the aforementioned picture/no sound from OC home command) is that the war dodgers then grab all the good postings whilst you are far away in some dusty S*** hole!!

rover014

LAC
"Quote"

With you there......
Some moons ago I was tracked down on leave by the career managers and told that I had 3 weeks notice to go away for 6 months, and yes, they were aware that I had recently returned from OOA. Leave instantly cut short, picture/no sound from long-haired general.....
When I phoned around some "compatriots" to say I was going to be OOA, a couple were proud of the fact that they had dodged said det. Added straight onto my list.
Cheers wings. Hope your next $hit is a hedgehog.

"Quote"

Got "done" by two of these types in one go for my last det! 2 weeks notice in November!:pDT_Xtremez_25:
Especially chuffed as I then spent four months copy and pasting other peoples work, and not allowed to add any of my gems of wisdom, if fact the only thing I could not have done back in blighty was Stagging on! Working with our green slime brethren sucks the big one!

Last edited:
R

Ricit XIII

Green Slime

Green Slime

I have got to spend the next nine months on det with the biggest self sucking lollipop ? MI Bn. Mind you it is fun to see a so called 'proffesional military unit' totally balls it up and totally mis manage their people, so much so at least 2 are joining the 'spooks' when they finish the tour. Should make an intersting Det..NOT!

Greetings to all real spooks on det, not like the war dodging .waister's back in the UK.

rover014

LAC
**** you, in the nicest possible way of course! Give me a det were I am able to do what it is I have been trained to do at the level approprate to my rank, and I'm there! I joined up to do my ****ing job in a real life (fighting) environment, not sit in a air conditioned office doing the same **** on different days.

Just give me a chance to square my **** away first eh?

2 weeks to get jabbed up, IDT'd and IRT'd is a Joke.

T

Theogony_280

rover014 said:
Got "done" by two of these types in one go for my last det! 2 weeks notice in November!:pDT_Xtremez_25:
Especially chuffed as I then spent four months copy and pasting other peoples work, and not allowed to add any of my gems of wisdom, if fact the only thing I could not have done back in blighty was Stagging on! Working with our green slime brethren sucks the big one!

This sounds oddly familiar. It wasn't November 2004 and a 4 month holiday in "the Hotel" was it?

rover014

LAC
Theogony_280 said:
This sounds oddly familiar. It wasn't November 2004 and a 4 month holiday in "the Hotel" was it?

Come on then fella, give me a hint as to your mild mannered Alta ego

T

Theogony_280

rover014 said:
Come on then fella, give me a hint as to your mild mannered Alta ego

Just another poor sod who had the pleasure of that det. Doing a job that could have just as easily been done from my desk at J - though with far more resources - and a boss who didn't know what ICOD meant.

Worked with a chap who might remind one of a certain Private Pile.

And air-conditioning that sounded like a squandron of Heinkels taking off.

Happy days indeed.

H

HansBwix

malingerers - shoot them all!

malingerers - shoot them all!

*picks up soap box, climbs on, clears throat*

It probably doesn't help when the only reasonable POC was the PA, who has since left the Glouceseterertsershire elephant blanc leaving the whole outfit even more clueless than usual - oh, and the fact that those who are constantly on camping holidays courtesy of the Queen are the only ones who can't develop some form of mysterious ailment as soon as a calling notice goes out for a new detachment and thus are most likely to get dicked for it as soon as they get home.

Perhaps we need some form of detachment related pay incentive - if you suddenly develop a gammy leg as soon as the desk utters the word 'deploy' in connection with a word that ends in 'an' or 'aq', you don't get paid. Probably wouldn't have the same problem if the words 'deploy' and 'Vegas' were in the same sentence would we?

:pDT_Xtremez_41:

H

HansBwix

Good News perhaps?

Good News perhaps?

Hear in the grape vine that the new deliverer-of-postings has reviewed the DWR list and is nobbling people who've dodged the draft to go next - can anyone substantiate?

Of course Squintos don't spend enough time away for it to count as DWR..............

:pDT_Xtremez_42:

A

Allah

Pah

Pah

Oh Beloved Hans Bwix, your munificence is a joy to behold. Yet let not your cup overfloweth with bitterness. For even the infidel sausage hounds at PMA are mightily frustrated by the whining and whinging of the devil ones who cry "special project", "SF sqn", "supporting operations", "I dont think its my turn" when tasked to deploy.
Truly, there are many weasels who bite and howl and shirk yet they are the first to the Desk Mullah when there is something new and shiny on the horizon
O Unfaithful Ones, you shall pay for your selfishness. There is no more perfect time to be rid of "ringfencing". There shall be only one list and all shall deploy when summoned by the Service unto which they are beholden. There shall be no refusal and backfilling critical posts shall be written into law.
The accursed are known and they shall be cast down and covered in lemoncillo and delivered to the Italians to be licked dry. So it is written

H

HansBwix

Yay!

Yay!

And there was light!

if it's true of course. Still, with only a few in the branch it shouldn't be too hard to nobble those whose fence may not be a circular as they thought it was.........I look forward to seeing some new faces out in the bondu, though it is a pity that those most eager to get out and be proper war-y like are still chained to the radiators

See you all in the sunshine! AAARRRGGHHHHH....it burns us..........

:pDT_Xtremez_30:

D

DoesMyBumLookBigInThis?

I still can't work out the math....280ish officers and some JAIC trained SNCOs...23 OOAs to fill for 4 mths at a time wihich is about 280....some of us are admittedly constatntly deployed one way or another already (however this does not stop us getting snapped up on the DWR) yet it is still the same old faces who are always away - WHAT ARE THE REST OF THE BRANCH ACTUALLY DOING??? I'm very confused!

C

Cat of Shadows

Did the math for the grande fromage when I was at STC.

Whilst I echo the sentiments of Allah, reference the fencing of rings and dodging of drafts, sadly about 40% of the branch are in Centre jobs and untouchable.

Recently had a 'unpleasant' chat with the new dasher of hopes and dreams and he accused me of dodging, until I pointed out that it was actually a case of PMA ringfencing and not drafting me, sooner than me claiming assylum under white feathers.

Not all is waht it seems my learned Arab friend!!

A

Allah

Bah!

Bah!

O Blessed Seeker of Wisdom, then there should be no ringfencing and those weasels weaselling away in Centre shall be touchable. Period as the infidel Spam pigdogs quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.