• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Galloway on Big Brother

C

Cat of Shadows

OK, I've had a good look on e-goat and nobody seems to have brought this up yet as a new thread, and apologies if I've missed it, but here we go.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4595282.stm

I absolutely loathe this individual!!:mad:

Nothing short of a 9 mil pill is what is required here, however, I do feel that having watched the launch show and seen the other miscreants that are in the house this year, this t**t going in was a stroke of genius by Channel 4.

If there is anyone who will cause a ruck and make this a Celeb Big Brother worthy of air time it will be Galloway. Hopefully, he will perform in much the same way he did when he shot the US senate to shreds................now before anyone says anything, I stand by what I've said, the man should be shot, but if he gives it out as he did in the States, then it will be a worthy watch.

Thoughts on a postcard, or alternatively to his constituants web site, comments can be submitted!!.

http://beta.cergis.com/george/

Last edited:
S

Standards

I like the man. Any politician who stands up to his "party's line" is OK with me. And as the Cat said, his performance in front of the US Senate was worth watching.

Standards!

Stax

Flight Sergeant
What possessed you to watch "big brother" in the first place! Reality TV is killing good drama and comedy. It's far too easy to fill up the space with celebrity this, wife swap that, nanny knows best, build me a house etc, in fact there are whole channels devoted to this pap so why have it on prime time terrestrial TV! Mind some of the birds on "Celebrity come dancing" would get it big style! Especially that little Russian one when she is wearing her latin-american outfits.

Plumber

Flight Sergeant
I found myself watching this cr*p last night, until the other half walked in switched it off and brought me too my senses. Oddly owing to sharing the same feelings as CoS on Galloway I thought it would be him I wouldn't be able to stand watching but actually found him quite likeable. As for Dennis Rodman what a tw*t.

C

Cat of Shadows

Easy Tiger!!!

Easy Tiger!!!

Stax said:
What possessed you to watch "big brother" in the first place! Reality TV is killing good drama and comedy. It's far too easy to fill up the space with celebrity this, wife swap that, nanny knows best, build me a house etc, in fact there are whole channels devoted to this pap so why have it on prime time terrestrial TV! Mind some of the birds on "Celebrity come dancing" would get it big style! Especially that little Russian one when she is wearing her latin-american outfits.

Stax, I agree with everyting you say fella, (especially about the Russian bird on SCD - WOOF!), but to adapt a phrase so frequently churned out by ORs about leadership and following junior officers, I watched the launch show out of 'mild curiosity' only, not because it was worth while TV.

I've not watched another moment since. I don't need though as it appears to be prime time reading in my favourite lunch time paper, 'The Sun'.

My only reason for posting this one was purely to see what people thought of George Galloway. I'm sure there are enough people out there who actually do watch it who will keep us updated on how the silver haired chopper is doing.

S

Standards

Cbb

Cbb

Haven't watched it either. I did, however, watch Life on Mars last night. Excellent drama transporting us all back to a much simpler time. Not advocating or excusing the overt sexism in the show last night but when Tyler announced that WPC Cartright had a BA in Psychology and the "men" in the room all went "Ooooooh!". Wrong in so many ways but it did make me and Mrs Standards laugh.

Standards!

B

Bluntend

So George Galloway volunteered for Big Brother to raise the profile of his campaign against the war in Iraq, eh? Nice to know it wasn't for the guaranteed £100,000 prize money that each contestant walks away with regardless of when they’re evicted :mad: . There are few politicians that I have time for - Galloway is not one of them, the sanctimonious, self-righteous tit!

P

Pluto

Galloway is a crook but a bit of fun with it. Barrymore, on the other hand, is just plain barking.

I also enjoyed 'Life on Mars' ('Your mobile what?' etc) and look forward to next week's episode.

B

Bluntend

Isn't Galloway supposed to have volunteered to return to the USA to face charges of perjury following the Senate's accusations that he lied under oath? Shouldn't he be in the US right now 'clearing his name' rather than taking part in the Big Brother freak show?

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Standards said:
Haven't watched it either. I did, however, watch Life on Mars last night. Excellent drama transporting us all back to a much simpler time. Not advocating or excusing the overt sexism in the show last night but when Tyler announced that WPC Cartright had a BA in Psychology and the "men" in the room all went "Ooooooh!". Wrong in so many ways but it did make me and Mrs Standards laugh.

Standards!

Got to agree about "Life on Mars" looks like it's gonna be a good 'un. Not sure about Rebus yet (ITV Last week) I am a big fan of the books and enjoyed the original series with John Hannah. However Ken Stott is a superb actor as seen in "The Vice" and "Messiah", first thing I saw him in was "taking over the asylum" superb drama set in a loony bin (Doh! there goes political correctness).

As to Galloway, the mans a self serving Cnut, he got a safe seat as an independent by peddling to the whims of the extremist muslim's of his constituency and ousted one of the few black, female MP's from office, he should practice what he preaches and try to answer some questions straight (A la Jeremy Paxmans interview where he just shouted over Paxman and then walked off in a huff)

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Just been listening to Jeremy Vine on Radio 2. Apparantly a spokesman for Galloway says he is in the BB house to allow him to put his point across about matters that are important to his constituancy. However Channel 4 are not allowed to let him make his points if the debate is not balanced and seeing as most of the others in there are C list celebs there won't be much balanced debate there then! He reckons he can make a better point there than on the back benches, as I said before Cnut!

S

Standards

Stax

Just to make this balanced (!!!) it was also said on the Jeremy Vine Show (12pm to 2pm, 88-91 FM) that many MP's spend weeks out of the Houses of Parliament pursuing private careers for much financial gain. In fact, Martin Lewis aside, has there ever been an honest MP?

Standards!

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Nice to find another Radio 2 listener! And you are quite correct, many MP's are missing from parliament, I just don't like Galloway, and I'm a Scot!

Plumber

Flight Sergeant
How many MP's actually earn the money they get from the public purse?:confused: Not many I dare say.

How many are publicity seeking gits that would do anything to get their mug on tv?:confused: I've seen mine one more than one occasion trying to promote himself as halfway decent, the last being Have I Got News, the mincing annoying gimp.

C

Cat of Shadows

Still In after 1st Vote!

Still In after 1st Vote!

Well, regardless of what we all think of the man, he's still in after the first vote and from what I've read and also been told he is making quite a show of it.

What a nightmare for poor old Jodie Marsh, the UK hates her more than Galloway...................life is so cruel!!

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

The Domestic Chief of staff insists on watching CBB so I'm picking up small bits of it and what I can make out is that Galloway is not able to do any political posturing, so we are seeing more of Galloway the man, not the politician. Overall he seems one of the saner people in there and quite diplomatic. However, I only catch about 5 minutes of the show before I have to run out of the room and vomit blood...

On the other hand, and to pick up a previous point of this thread, last night's Life on Mars. Now that's what tele should be for - engaging, entertaining drama with a clever script, some fairly powerful scenes and good (albeit stereotypical) characterisation. More of this on the tele please!

How's this for a show concept - "Celebrity Bullet Dodging" ::/:

T

The Green Scopie

Don't think GG will be getting the same seat back after the next election. As he swept to victory on the back of the Muslim vote do you really think that they will vote for him again? After all BB is all about who will Sh*g who and acting like a cat is hardly likely to gain you respect.

That said would we be talking about him on this forum otherwise?

The only bad publicity is no publicity!