• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Future FOA - Info on merge?

H

heyflygirl

Hi,
I'm currently waiting for the FOA trade to open, and start my application rolling.

I know I probably wont be expected to know about the merge with TG12, but I want to be prepared, and quite frankly, kick ass in the interview!

I've been "trying" to read the threads posted here, but as an outsider to the trade, i'm struggling to really get any info from it.

Having spoken to a Sgt FO, who didn't really know much about it himself, I've pretty much got the following points:

• TG9 would be able to operate in bunkers and on aircraft (E-3D)
  • TG12 able to work in ops rooms and control towers
  • A common training scheme needs to be worked out. Will training occur at RAF Shawbury, RAF Boulmer, or a different base all together.
  • In terms of time, I've heard that the first lot of training is due to be completed by end 2011, whilst further training due to be completed by the end of 2013

How correct is this info? Anybody got any other points they would be willing to add?

Any info and feedback is much appreciated. :)

N

NotAnIDOYet

Hi,
I'm currently waiting for the FOA trade to open, and start my application rolling.

I know I probably wont be expected to know about the merge with TG12, but I want to be prepared, and quite frankly, kick ass in the interview!

I've been "trying" to read the threads posted here, but as an outsider to the trade, i'm struggling to really get any info from it.

Having spoken to a Sgt FO, who didn't really know much about it himself, I've pretty much got the following points:

• TG9 would be able to operate in bunkers and on aircraft (E-3D)
  • TG12 able to work in ops rooms and control towers
  • A common training scheme needs to be worked out. Will training occur at RAF Shawbury, RAF Boulmer, or a different base all together.
  • In terms of time, I've heard that the first lot of training is due to be completed by end 2011, whilst further training due to be completed by the end of 2013

How correct is this info? Anybody got any other points they would be willing to add?

Any info and feedback is much appreciated. :)

That's about the long and short of it, nobody knows the intricacies and as yet there has been no final decision made (AFAIK). I believe that a couple of FOAs may be crossing the line soon for postings to some secret TG12 locations, I will keep my ear to the ground and try and encourage them to share their findings on here.

As a complete aside I do not see the recruiting situation improving anytime soon, both trades are sitting at about 105% for airmen.

H

heyflygirl

Haha, yeah Tescos are taking over the world. Or how about Mcdonalds? Get myself a degree while I'm at it?
Nah, being serious, the RAF is the only thing i've ever wanted to do.

In terms of the trade opening up, the RAF have issued an email stating that they anticipate it to open up soon. The RAF careers line have said that it should be by the end of the year.

Thank you for your replies :)

FOAs

SAC
Had the email last week asking for volunteers to go to boulmer to be cross-trained as a scopie.

N

NotAnIDOYet

Had the email last week asking for volunteers to go to boulmer to be cross-trained as a scopie.

Believe 2 to Boulmer and 2 to Scampton if my sources are correct. SACs at the moment but who knows for the future...