• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Functional Skills

J

jonny_5

I did my functional skills in phase 2 training and most of the class failed English!

wench02

SAC
Are there any other places to get examples of these tests, especially the Maths. It's a long time since I did my GCSE's, and the maths I do at work does not help me get good marks in these tests!

Merrick

LAC
I've just done these, last week. It's nothing onerous.

I was worried about the maths one, but as long as you can do the basics, area, volume, bit of trig (pythagoras and the like), rearranging forumlas and interpreting graphs and charts you'll be fine. You're not expected to be Stephen Hawking. If you're a bit rusty, like I was since it has been ten years since I last had to work out the long side of a triangle, hit the BBC Bitesize website for GCSE Maths revision. You'll probably find it all comes flooding back.

As far as the English assessments go, again quite easy as long as you have a firm grasp of the language both spoken and written. Just remember that text speak is only for lazy chavs and paragraphs and capital letters are your friends. Again, BBC Bitesize can probably help if needed.

MattBombHead

Sergeant
There are also practice tests and revision sheets on the link in post 1 of this thread...

Hence why I started it...