• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

For those who wonder what its like?

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
We get many people asking questions about WSOp (Crewmen) in here so I happened across this dated but still very inspirational series of programmes based around Lossie SAR flight. It first aired when I was 11 (quick maths test...how old am I?) and it made me want to be aircrew...I didn't become a loadmaster as I originally planned but I still made it in the EW form. I know its not set in the back of a Chinook in Afganistan but take notice of the crewmanship, comms and confidence of all on board...That hasn't changed since then to today...in fact its even more important if thats possible...All those guys on board would have started off on other types of helo before going SAR so they are no different to what you aspire to be yourselves...There are 13 episodes to enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnCRjcczYxI&list=SL&playnext=1

Last edited:

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
Absolutely love the big mustache of the winch operator!!... It's a shame we dont see many of them bad boys around anymore.

S

Stephen

When I first started watching it, I was like oh god but I watched the full video and it was bloody brilliant.

Wouldnt fancy swinging round in that wind though