• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Footie anthems

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Surprised no one has started this one yet. I've got VH1 on whilst I "Goat"and it's got a Footie Anthem special on. What is your best and worst.

For me it has to be:

Best: "Vindaloo" Keith Allen and Mates "Knit one, Purl one, Drop one, Curl one!" Classic!
Worst: "I have a dream" BA Robertson and John Gordon Sinclair.

(And I'm Scot!)

Heard an hilariously bad version of Three Lions on a Shirt this afternoon.............done in German and going on about Frankfurt if I understood it properly.

N

Notsoblunt

I have a demented member of the Jockanese clans opposite me who constantly bursts out into "Ally's Army" every time the World Cup is mentioned! :pDT_Xtremez_25:

I've tried mentioning that Argentina '78 was a long time ago, but he just replies that we don't get fed up of hearing England '66 - fair one, I suppose. :pDT_Xtremez_30:

mightyhunter

Sergeant
Stax said:
Surprised no one has started this one yet. I've got VH1 on whilst I "Goat"and it's got a Footie Anthem special on. What is your best and worst.

For me it has to be:

Best: "Vindaloo" Keith Allen and Mates "Knit one, Purl one, Drop one, Curl one!" Classic!
Worst: "I have a dream" BA Robertson and John Gordon Sinclair.

(And I'm Scot!)
ahh, stax, ye cannae forget..... 'ALLY'S TARTAN ARMY!' what with a classic verse in :-
We're representing Britain,
And we're gaun tae do or die,
'Cos England cannae do it,
'Cos they couldnae qualify.
:pDT_Xtremez_31:
http://www.t-army.com/tar_song.html

MingMong

Warrant Officer
I always loved to hate Del Amitri's '98 Scotland world cup song 'Don't come home too soon'. Well the Scotts didn't, they at least waited till the end of the group stages and then got on the first plane back to Scotland :pDT_Xtremez_26: