• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

fitness

• Thread starter xx_determinedtosucceed_xx
  • Start date
X

xx_determinedtosucceed_xx

hi i'm new here
got my appointment at the AFCO today
i was just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to improve fitness
especially running

thanks
x

Minor

SAC
If you want to get better at running the easiest solution is to run and run and run a bit more. Get yourself a decent pair of trainers though as ill fitting or poor design will cause you no end of problems.

Goose

LAC
Not really on topic, but rather then starting a new thread i thought id post it here; when on the PRTC two day visit, what is the minimum acceptable bleep test score? I understand im aiming for 9.10, but when i get to 10 i feel that i just burn out, and when i get there, im not sure how well i will do. I may do better or worse, if i only get to 9.0 will i fail the test?

I was thinking of going for the Regiment, and can run 3 miles in 24 minutes without dieing, but bleep tests seem to kill me.

K

k9138

but bleep tests seem to kill me.

Seems to be the same with a lot of people - me too - doesn't matter how much better I get at the straight run I feel like puking on the bleep test!:pDT_Xtremez_34:

S

supergirl

Not really on topic, but rather then starting a new thread i thought id post it here; when on the PRTC two day visit, what is the minimum acceptable bleep test score? I understand im aiming for 9.10, but when i get to 10 i feel that i just burn out, and when i get there, im not sure how well i will do. I may do better or worse, if i only get to 9.0 will i fail the test?

I was thinking of going for the Regiment, and can run 3 miles in 24 minutes without dieing, but bleep tests seem to kill me.

Here is a link to tables for Sit-ups, press-ups and bleep test - scroll down page:

http://www.raf.mod.uk/role/raffitnesstest2007.cfm

9.10 is a pass for Males between 17-29 years of age.

9.00 would be classed as below satisfactory - so I'm not sure if that is classed as a fail?

Goose

LAC
Here is a link to tables for Sit-ups, press-ups and bleep test - scroll down page:

http://www.raf.mod.uk/role/raffitnesstest2007.cfm

9.10 is a pass for Males between 17-29 years of age.

9.00 would be classed as below satisfactory - so I'm not sure if that is classed as a fail?

If i do the test on the day i arrive i should pass it, but if iv had no sleep i definatly struggle with it. Do they expect you to be able to pass the Rafft before you've joined?