• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fitness Test

T

tridgway

Once you pass your pjft and you get your halton dates, Is there another fitness test to pass when you get there?

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Yes

Yes

Another test but you don't have to pass it, though it's a bit poor if you cannot.

T

tridgway

What kind of test is it?Wot happens if you fail it?

Thanks for the replys.

Y

Yorkshire_Gal

You attempt the fitness test you would need to pass in your age range.
It gives them an idea of what stage your fitness is at and what work is needed to bring you up to standard if you don't pass.

tats

Sergeant
I'm not sure but I think Pre-RTC is becoming pass or fail so yes you will do another fitness test and you can fail it, all it would do is put your start dates back.

Once you've started your 9 weeks training then you'll do the fitness test 3 times on flight and they are all maximum effort. Day 2 is not pass or fail but it'll put you in your stream for phys. Day 37 is pass or fail but its a % pass but still get as much as you can. Day 57 is pass or fail.

If you fail either Day 37 or 57 then you'll be put on RDF until you pass the full test to get back on flight, you'll then have to pass it again on flight.

PTR Hoar

Sergeant
Just remember after training you will have a fitness test every 6 months for the rest of your time, if you pass it to begin with and keep up your training, which you will be at halton, then you will have no probs!

Why is is we are getting more and more post about recruits so worried about the fitness tests!?! (not saysing i approve of the beep test but still....)

T

tridgway

Just remember after training you will have a fitness test every 6 months for the rest of your time, if you pass it to begin with and keep up your training, which you will be at halton, then you will have no probs!

Why is is we are getting more and more post about recruits so worried about the fitness tests!?! (not saysing i approve of the beep test but still....)

Im not worried about the pjft I can manage the 1.5 mile run easily, timed myself last week and did it in 11 mins and wasnt pushing myself as hard as I could. Its just that Ive never done a bleep test and dont know exactly what it is and what it involves. Does the time in your pjft determine what group you are put in @ halton?

tats

Sergeant
Im not worried about the pjft I can manage the 1.5 mile run easily, timed myself last week and did it in 11 mins and wasnt pushing myself as hard as I could. Its just that Ive never done a bleep test and dont know exactly what it is and what it involves. Does the time in your pjft determine what group you are put in @ halton?

No, how you do on the bleep test (a shuttle run) on day 2 determines the PT group you're put in.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Down Under

Down Under

If you go to the Australian defence recruiting website, they have a video demo and a chance to listen to the bleep test.

You could also down load it elsewhere, but it take a bit to find a free mp3 download.

Weedy23

LAC
There's a downloadable version of the beep test on the RAF careers website. I'm pretty sure it's in the RAF player that pops up if you click on the links to watch videos.

Minor

SAC
I gave the fitness test a go today for the first time on a treadmill. 11mins 31sec's yet when running on a track over the same distance i complete the 1.5miles a tad under 11minutes.

I really do hate treadmills!!!