• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

fitness test next week!

R

rltRAF

hi im trying to join the raf as a aircraft mechanic(mechanical) and ive got my fitness next week and im just wondering on the fitness test does the gym put the treadmill on a gradient? Also What is included in the interview that follows my fitness test is it harder than the selection interview??

G

gemarriott

hi im trying to join the raf as a aircraft mechanic(mechanical) and ive got my fitness next week and im just wondering on the fitness test does the gym put the treadmill on a gradient? Also What is included in the interview that follows my fitness test is it harder than the selection interview??

the search button is your friend

R

rltRAF

i was just wondering if there is a gradient of such because i know i can do it i was just wondering so i could see what time i could do it in!

G

gemarriott

i was just wondering if there is a gradient of such because i know i can do it i was just wondering so i could see what time i could do it in!

Use the search facility on the site, search in recruitment forum all the gen you are after is in there.

Pikeman

Cider one of the five
1000+ Posts
I got to be honest I have no idea how they do the test on join up. When I first joined it was a mile an half run. Now every year we have to run a bleep test which always seems to get increased when it is my Birthday and should get reduced.

I am sure someone who has recently joined will be able to tell you. :pDT_Xtremez_14:

L

LOZ

I got to be honest I have no idea how they do the test on join up. When I first joined it was a mile an half run. Now every year we have to run a bleep test which always seems to get increased when it is my Birthday and should get reduced.

I am sure someone who has recently joined will be able to tell you. :pDT_Xtremez_14:

From what I've seen recently, I'm not sure the test isn't just 'remember to turn up'. I was in Halton on a course last year, and one of the mirror-brigade was leading what I can only describe as 'a remedial squadron' on a run around the fields (at least 20 or 30 people). I asked someone what was going on with the mass of tellytubbies on a run, and was told that it was an RTS flight on their PT session!!!

Now when I joined up just shy of 10 years ago, I wasn't the fittest in the block by a long shot and I've always preferred the devil's brew to the devil's gym session, but BY SATAN'S BEARD they were big guys and gals!! So either they've decided to waive the fitness standard in order to boost manpower levels, or RAF Halton has been shut down, and replaced with the UK's version of fat camp.

J

JoeM

no gradient on the treadmill and they will set the speed for you too. piece of pi$$

P

Portcullis

no gradient on the treadmill and they will set the speed for you too. piece of pi$$

Sums it up really.

As I said on another thread, 40% fail to reach the barest minimum required to join, and about 60% fail the RAF Fitness Test!

By all that's Holy, boys and girls, if you want a job, bleddy well prepare for it!

There are now 2 000 000 18-25s out of work. Why are candidates not competing for the 3000 places at RTS????

T

Toxicseagull

speed 12 on the treadmill with no gradiant, if you want to practice at your local fitness first which i believe are the civilian contractors.

A

Animal_88

speed 12 on the treadmill with no gradiant, if you want to practice at your local fitness first which i believe are the civilian contractors.

This.

12kph with no gradiant. followed by 1 minute max of pushups and situps.

When you pass you'll be laughing your way back to the car wondering why you worried so much about it! just get in the practice at home and you'll be fine.

J

Janke

They changed my speed quite abit, bit annoying, but managed to do it in 11 minutes..

Its really easy, no need to worry at all.

:pDT_Xtremez_14: