• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fitness for an RAF Ref Officer

L

lewis1607

Hello,

I'm currently a student in my second year and plan to apply Dec 2010 for the PROAC.

Been doing fitness for a while now (3 months) but would like to know if what I'm doing is any good.

Mon: Upper body free weights
Tues: 3mile
Wed: 3mile and body weight excercises
Thurs: Upper body free weights + crunches
Fri: 3 mile
Sat: 5mile and body weight excercises
Sun: Day off

Noticed improvements with the weights, but only small improvements with the running (yet to time myself, but have been getting further before needing to stop).

Thanks for your help

Last edited:
W

wannabeNCaircrew

Hey, try to increase your mileage slowly, make one of the 3 milers into a 6 miler when you feel ready, and include an interval session (e.g. fartlek) once a week. Have a couple of 6 mile steady runs, a fartlek session and a long run (probably at the weekend). Try to build your long run up until you are running about 10 miles. All in all, quite a good programme, good stuff mate.

B

Bucc Boy

Hello,

I'm currently a student in my second year and plan to apply Dec 2010 for the PROAC.

Been doing fitness for a while now (3 months) but would like to know if what I'm doing is any good.

Mon: Upper body free weights
Tues: 3mile
Wed: 3mile and body weight excercises
Thurs: Upper body free weights + crunches
Fri: 3 mile
Sat: 5mile and body weight excercises
Sun: Day off

Noticed improvements with the weights, but only small improvements with the running (yet to time myself, but have been getting further before needing to stop).

Thanks for your help

I found this thread for you it should help if it works.

http://www.e-goat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=13041

You'll have to cut and paste if it doesn't.

Good luck

P

PRO_198

Having done the PROC and passed I have the following advice:

1) It doesn't matter how much iron you pump, if you cannot get over the 9ft wall you will fail - practice your over-hand grip pull ups
2) Practice the beep test and aim for at least level 11.0
3) aim to be doing at least 40 press ups in 1 minute
4) aim to be doing at least 45 sit ups in 1 minute
5) Be determined - the PEd skirmish is a bit of a killer, several lads dropped out on that - it's the 'warm up' before the assualt course.
6) The boot run is fun...see 5)

Any more questions, P.M. me.
:pDT_Xtremez_26: