• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

fitness advice

T

tridgway

Looking for some fitness advice. Im running 2.5 miles every morning and doin 40 push ups and about 70 sit ups every day. will this be enough to prepare me for RTS?

Thanks

D

double_dd

Looking for some fitness advice. Im running 2.5 miles every morning and doin 40 push ups and about 70 sit ups every day. will this be enough to prepare me for RTS?

Thanks

Depends on the intensity of it all...2.5 miles in how long and 40 push ups in how long?

You should be working towards being better than the guidelines set out to pass.

tats

Sergeant
Our fitness test is a shuttle run so practice quick turns and I'm sure you can download the bleep test from somewhere and then you're sit ups and press ups have to be within a minute, so work within those boundaries and you'll have more of an idea what you have to pass.

But do bear in mind that you'll do all sorts of different things during pt at Halton, from circuits to battle pt (well I wouldn't call it that now, compared to what I do at phase 2) to spinning and swimming so have a number of things under your belt.

Some guys I trained with found that their fitness levels dropped at Halton due to what they did fitness wise before but others of us improved no end.

D

dodgysootie

I find running in a gasmask whilst pulling an old car tyre up hills increases fitness and stamina levels.
Hope this helps.

DS

T

tridgway

Im running 2.5 miles in about 15 mins. 20 push ups a minite and 40sit ups a minite. need to get down the gym and get on an exercise bike.

Is there alot of swimming involved at rts? Cause Im an absolute P**s swimmer.