• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Finningley & Lindholme History

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Lifted from the RAF News dated 23 September 2016

Can anyone help?

20160927_112813_zps2kpi1iyz.jpg

John is a Boeing Airframe engineer living local to me.

I went round to see John yesterday evening expecting to spend 5 minutes or so getting more contact details from him but ended up spending a couple of very very interesting hours talking about Finningley & Lindholme.

Lindholme seems to be the station that John has the least information, it seems there is very little official history available about the station (and radar base across the road) from either the MOD, RAF Historical Department at Hendon or USAAF (USAF).

So if anyone has got any gen including photos about Lindholme and its ghost, the alleged tunnels under the place, the USAAF (USAF) history, Northern Radar (aka Humber Radar) can you please send it to me by email and I will forward it on to John.

Any information no matter how trivial it may seem is welcome.

Cheers guys

email: mike@conisbrough.me