• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Eyesight requirement for ground trades

Hi there

So my eyesight is pretty bad. I left the RAF in Feb but am rejoining (new trade).

Because I am doing a new trade, I need to redo the medical. Whats the eyesight limit, -6 dipotres or -7 dioptres? On the raf website it says -6 but I have seen -7 on other pages.

My eyesight is borderline so I hope that they accept my recent contact lens prescription which is less than 6 in each eye. But my glasses prescription is dead on 6. I hope that even if im the slightest fraction over, they can accept the fact I had a valid exit medical in Jan and I have a stable prescription, and that I haven't been out long.

Fingers crossed.