• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ex RAF Landy 16 KF 54 service history file help

Hi,

I've bought this Landy and have received the military history file which has 3 entries;

JSCS Ashchurch (I understand that this is the main vehicle depot that most/all go through on delivery)
90 SU - I think this is 90 Signals Unit RAF (the Landy has RAF roundels front and rear)
ADT - I'm not sure what this is?

Any info/comments on the above would be appreciated.

There is also a vehicle record card available via the Royal Logistics archives (for £35). Does anyone know if that'll tell me any more about its history or will it just be the hard copy of the details I've already had as above?

I've also noticed so graffiti etched on a spoke of the steering wheel which looks like it's been there a long time, says "Tops is gay".........

Thanks

dkh51250

Sergeant
Ashchurch took over from CVD Hilton as the issue point for wheeled vehicles. Tracks were done by Ludgershall. To the best of my recollection vehicle record cards showed transfers between stations/units, and changes of major assemblies, engines/gearboxes/axles.

I believe all vehicles, wheeled and tracked, are now the responsibility of Ludgershall.