• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Euro Athletics - awesome attitude !!

Inevertouchedit

Flight Sergeant
Did anyone see the Mens' 400 Hurdles final ???

Rhys Williams came a great 2nd behind the superb Dai Greene, but declined the option of a lap of honour as, in his words, "winners do a lap of honour, not the losers".

Awesome - I reckon !! What a fantastic attitude, golds are won by being the best, not sliding into mediocrity and "just doing enough".

Winners take GOLD, the rest are nowhere.

Dragoon

Sergeant
Was watching some comedian on TV a while back, and he came out with a good analogy of the medal system:

Gold - Well done, you are the best of the best!
Bronze - Well done, you are the best of the losers!
Silver - Erm, yeah, good job, have a medal...

Good attitude on Rhys though, gets plus points from me for that remark, quite modest!

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Under interview the British Squad seem like a breath of fresh air, they have produced some gritty performances with some very near wins for promising youngsters. I hope its not a false dawn before 2012.

Fingers crossed for the 4x400 tonight.

Max Reheat

Resident Drunk
1000+ Posts
Jessica Ennis, yum yum

Attachments

• jessica_ennis-2_234411t.jpg
    jessica_ennis-2_234411t.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

squipper

Corporal
A highly honourable attitude, a fantastic work ethic and a team that sticks together...the England football team could learn a hell of a lot from these people who earn just enough to get by.

Well done to the team.....we are proud of you