• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Epilepsy

S

sp1dersence

hey guys sorry if im stepping on anyones toes but not got to grips with this yet.

I really want to be a gunner but have a medical question so trying not to get to exited.

I had a light form of epilepcy when i was younger, my fits stop when i was about 15. i havent had a fit for about 12 years whats my chances

Last edited by a moderator:

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
This page here says you cannot join with epilepsy full stop, but I think the definition of having Epilepsy is based on being medication and symptom free for 5 years. I may be wrong though.

If you are still on medication you have no chance.

If not, the only definitive answer will come from the AFCO and the Doctor they will refer you to.

S

sp1dersence

No fit for about 12 years and no medication for about 12 years could be longer.??

Joe_90

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Go to the AFCO then and let them take it from there, as the epilepsy shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure you mention it up front.

bigsteviej

Corporal
hey guys sorry if im stepping on anyones toes but not got to grips with this yet.

I really want to be a gunner but have a medical question so trying not to get to exited.

I had a light form of epilepcy when i was younger, my fits stop when i was about 15. i havent had a fit for about 12 years whats my chances

check yr PM's......

T

tacadmin

Hi. More than one seizure after the age of 4 (maybe 5, not 100% sure) precludes you from joining. Depends how many you had, and what caused them (ie. bang on the head not as much of a problem as flashing lights etc). As above, check with local AFCO but their doctor will need more info to make an informed decision.