• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Entertainment For Four Months - Tech

Fellow Goaters,I'm shortly to be away for an all expenses paid holiday to a lovely Island in the SA.I have been reliably informed that taking paperbacks and betamax’s is a trifle outdated so I am here seeking advice.What would you recommend taking to keep yourself entertained?Please remember the no livestock importing rules!Budget around £500.Must be able to hold a few movies and or TV series, the odd song and a small library of reading material. Wi-fi, err no idea if this works down there!I-Pad or Samsung thingy?Laptop?Netbook?Any all of the above with a portable HD?Thoughts, greatly appreciated.HC

Unless things have changed greatly in the last year, you will get one free card per week, choose between phone or wi-fi. ISTR the wi-fi card gives you 100 mins but can also be used for calls. The system is almost always busy so is not much use for downloading anything large but is fine for emails etc, skype video can be hit or miss. You can buy additional cards from the NAAFI, or 12 FAC reception which is cheaper. Up to you what to take, but a laptop with films, games etc should see you through the times when you are not drinking.

Martin Blank

Sergeant
There's a pretty good video library with all tha major series eg Lost, 24 etc and latest dvd releases.... just book em and eventually you will get to watch them
Cinema on camp not to VUE standard but not bad for 8000 miles away from home.
Depending on what electronic medium you take get it Kindle enabled and pre install some reading

graham_s

LAC
I'd take an android tablet with expandable memory, that way you can fill memory cards with ripped video files and music.
iDevices are limited in storage, and since you won't be downloading, the iTunes stores advantages are negated.