• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England Wicketkeeper

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
but Australia have got an Englishman in theirs :pDT_Xtremez_31:

Okay who's the turncoat? ::/:

Hey Hey England win again well played Collingwood and the lads 1-0 to the mother country. :pDT_Xtremez_28: :pDT_Xtremez_28: Things are looking up hopefully.

P

POB

And another win! And I thought that the keeper played very well. Unfortunately an excess of beer and loads of friendly Kiwis means that I can't actually remember that much of it!

P

TrickyTree

Sergeant
Mmmm, it was pretty flippin' good, yes indeed it was, even if we did have to rely on the dreaded Duckworth-Lewis! And our trophy's bigger than theirs!

But I'll tell you what......I'll swap any number of ODI victories, yes, even World Cups, for England to be holding the Ashes.

Last edited:

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
What about this lot

What about this lot

New coach has gone with Prior and Nixon for his first squad. Poor old Read, must feel like he's not in the clique!

Taken from the BBC Sport website

"However, neither Nixon nor Prior has produced his best form at the start of the season, while the likes of Tim Ambrose, David Nash, James Pipe and Nic Pothas have plundered runs. Russell puts their good form down to the fact that county keepers are more aware than ever that "runs gets you noticed by selectors". However, Nixon and Prior's selection does not point to that - the former has not scored more than 45 in his three innings for Leicestershire this season, while Prior averages 14.8 in five Championship innings. Both Stewart and Russell are impressed by Australia-born Ambrose who scored 251 not out for Warwickshire against Worcestershire last week."

So, it seems that neither Alex Stewart or Jack Russell can agree who should get the nod? Its a tricky one to see who should be top of the tree.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
You've got to be more than a little excited by Priors debut...Perhaps he's not debuting against the best of West Indian attacks but he still looks very impressive all the same...A few selectors may feel a little silly now for overlooking him for all this time...

Last edited:

TrickyTree

Sergeant
I'm very impressed with Matt Prior, I'd say he's already done enough to keep the gloves for the rest of the summer now. I feel desperately for Chris Read, he was never given a fair chance and they'll be some mutterings in the Trent Bridge pavilion this week in the games against Essex and Derbyshire but I don't think anyone can feel let down by Prior.

It's frustrating though, we are a flippin good Test match team. Why can we not play one-day cricket very well?

F

fergo

Think Prior must lay the rest of this series at leat.

Off Topic If England seriously want o be number 1 team in the world i think they need to come more of a team. KP showed the other day with, his ton, his good side but it looked as if he started competing wth prior, to "out hit" him. Cant see the Aussies doing that, for them its all about the team for them.

Northern Monkey

Corporal
I was at the West Indies test (as a steward - cheers easy!). Prior looked in very good nick and was the most aggressive in the first innings.
He holed out in the second after hitting two consecutive sixes and at a point when England were trying to smash a few quick runs. He's done his self no harm.