• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England V India

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugby then work

Cider Drinker
Does the result mean we can all of a sudden play 1 day cricket?
Just goes to show that when a few players get it right we can be a decent side.

STORY

Matt Prior didn't have the best time with the bat, wonder how long the selectors will stick with him.

Good to see Flintoff back and bowling at 90mph as well.

D

dan1966

Does the result mean we can all of a sudden play 1 day cricket?
Just goes to show that when a few players get it right we can be a decent side.

STORY

Matt Prior didn't have the best time with the bat, wonder how long the selectors will stick with him.

Good to see Flintoff back and bowling at 90mph as well.

Only problem with Prior is that he doesn't seem to have any cometition for his place. Ashes hero Geraint Jones seems to have fallen by the way-side, so the only alternative I can think of is Paul Nixon, and he's nothing special with a bat in his hand either! Do you think Alec Stewart would be up for a re-call?!

Prudhoe

LAC
Only problem with Prior is that he doesn't seem to have any cometition for his place. Ashes hero Geraint Jones seems to have fallen by the way-side, so the only alternative I can think of is Paul Nixon, and he's nothing special with a bat in his hand either! Do you think Alec Stewart would be up for a re-call?!

I don't think it'll be long before they give Philip Mustard from Durham a go. He seems to have the creativity to be able to get stuck in to the opening bowling, he's as good as any with the gloves, and he speaks the same language as the Captain!

F

fergo

Its a good result, bu there are still 6 games to go. Looked a lot better than WC. Will the split captaincy be a problem?
Think Prior has taken a bit of a dent in confidence. Just like anyone in this country that is a success they eventually get shot down. I think he may turn it round but it is ridiculous that a wicket keeper playing international cricket technique isnt what it should be. He looks very flat footed especally with the left hand bowling

rugby then work

Cider Drinker
Good performance by England today, they deserved the win. Thought Jimmy Anderson bowled well, ok, except for that one over to Ganguly.

F

fergo

Yeah, he still has the tendency o bolw a lot of "four balls".
He has been good in the second part of the summer. Shaping up to be a good series!

TrickyTree

Sergeant
Chris Read.

Without argument his is currently the best gloveman in England and anyone who says he can't bat is talking through the top of his head. His treatment by England since the end of the Pakistan series last summer (where he did EXACTLY what he was picked for, and more) has been little short of a disgrace. Why England persist in picking 'keepers who can't catch (Jones, Prior) is utterly beyond me. Although Paul Nixon did a reasonable job in the World Cup, I guess.

Other Notts players to look out for - Charlie Shreck, Samit Patel and Graeme Swann (59 and 5-17 v Gloucs on Sunday!). These three will definitely play for England at some point, in the case of Swanny maybe as soon as this winter. Bilal Shafayat was captain of England u-19 too, but I think he's a bit of an outsider.

Ahem! I'm not biased though :pDT_Xtremez_07: Forest are going to stuff Leicester tonight too, and I'll be there.....Oh! by the way you Foxes, thanks for letting Stuart Broad come home :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Status
Not open for further replies.