• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

DVD regions.....

O

Oh sir

Just a quick question....

I'm hoping to send a DVD to a friend in Greece. Does anyone know whether a UK bought DVD will play in Greece? There is no region specified on the cover.

Any help appreciated.

Major Geek

Sergeant
Quick google

Quick google

REGION 1 -- USA, Canada
REGION 2 -- Japan, Europe, South Africa, Middle East, Greenland
REGION 3 -- S.Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Parts of South East Asia
REGION 4 -- Australia, New Zealand, Latin America (including Mexico)
REGION 5 -- Eastern Europe, Russia, India, Africa
REGION 6 -- China
REGION 7 -- Reserved for Unspecified Special Use
REGION 8 -- Resevered for Cruise Ships, Airlines, etc...
REGION 0 or REGION ALL -- Discs are uncoded and can be played Worldwide, however, PAL discs must be played in a PAL-compatible unit and NTSC discs must be played in an NTSC-compatible unit.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Tell him to get a copy of DVD fab decrypter. He can rip a film only copy and not have to watch all their self serving adverts and trailers before the menu :pDT_Xtremez_14:

That's not advocating piracy, I just don't see why if I have bought the disk I have to watch a school lesson about stealing videos, it grips my s**t.

Disney are the worst, you have to watch trailers before the menu.

Last edited:
O

Oh sir

Thanks all, looks like it should work just fine then.

Mods, feel free to delete thread.