• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Drone re-fueling

Cornish_Pikey

Sergeant
More jobs for the aviator types lost. The quality of the report however is shocking. The author teaches journalism at Brunel University. Now we know part of the reason that journalism is so pants these days. Might want to get a proof reader in.

The two aircrafts came as close as 20 feet to each other during the in-air refueling . Hopefully they touched as fuel would go everywhere otherwise.

And "Aircrafts" lol.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I suppose what comes next is the use of a drone to refuel another drone,.....

I could see value in drone tankers where long range offensive missions are required, or where a drone could be discarded and putting a big manned tanker into unfriendly, contested, airspace might be undesirable but where tankers can operate in relatively benign airspace i would have thought big airframes were more cost effective

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
I suppose what comes next is the use of a drone to refuel another drone,.....

I could see value in drone tankers where long range offensive missions are required, or where a drone could be discarded and putting a big manned tanker into unfriendly, contested, airspace might be undesirable but where tankers can operate in relatively benign airspace i would have thought big airframes were more cost effective
Or maybe something like in one of the scenes from the film 'Stealth'....