• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Disturbance allowance question.

D

Discombobulated

I hope one of you admin type people may be able to help with a query i have.
A colleague was reading through some info he found somewhere on the intranet, and pointed out that females are to cease getting clothing allowance (i believe this was for tights?) and also the Disturbance allowance for moving SLA on the same camp is to cease.
I wasn't aware that single personnel could claim for disturbance allowance when moving blocks on the same camp, so decided to check the JSP that was quoted, but it doesn't confirm or deny the allowance.
Can anybody confirm that this is correct, and if so how far back can you claim it for as i moved blocks 6 months ago due to hot water and heating issues in my room.
Regards

D

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
If you were ordered to move rooms for service reasons (such as block refurbs), then you got it in writing from the accom manager and could claim the £85 DA, but I dont think you got it for moving back after refurb.

M

Mantis

How far back can you claim!

How far back can you claim!

According to the JSP, unless it states overwise you claim back any allowance up to 6 years later. But, I suggest you speak to your unit HR before you submit it, that way it hopefully won't get rejected the first time you submit it.

D

Discombobulated

If you were ordered to move rooms for service reasons (such as block refurbs), then you got it in writing from the accom manager and could claim the £85 DA, but I dont think you got it for moving back after refurb.
I never claimed i was ordered out due to a refurb, i said that i had hot water and heating issues.
I was NOT getting hot water in my room (no idea about other rooms) and i had no heating in the start of winter, so i made enough fuss and got moved rooms.
If i am entitled to it i will claim for it, but if i'm not then i won't waste anyones time putting the claim in.

D

D

Discombobulated

According to the JSP, unless it states overwise you claim back any allowance up to 6 years later. But, I suggest you speak to your unit HR before you submit it, that way it hopefully won't get rejected the first time you submit it.

Thanks,
I need to speak to admin on monday due to a claim i submitted last monday that is still pending, so i will ask them about it while i'm in there.

D

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
I never claimed i was ordered out due to a refurb, i said that i had hot water and heating issues.
I was NOT getting hot water in my room (no idea about other rooms) and i had no heating in the start of winter, so i made enough fuss and got moved rooms.
If i am entitled to it i will claim for it, but if i'm not then i won't waste anyones time putting the claim in.

D

From: http://www.rafcom.co.uk/pay_allowances/pdf/JSP752_Ver9.pdf

07.0110. Mid-assignment Moves. DA is only payable for mid-assignment moves where the move of accommodation is for Service, compassionate, welfare or medical reasons. The Service person must have an expectation of occupying the new property for at least 6 months. Mid-assignment moves for other personal reasons, including on estrangement, and for operational deployments do not give an entitlement to DA.

I know for a fact that block refurbs attracted DA, as all personnel were told to move.

IMHO, not having hot water in your room, whilst being an inconvenience, would not attract DA, as it could be fixed by a Works Service. It may however get your SLA downgraded.

D

Discombobulated

From: http://www.rafcom.co.uk/pay_allowances/pdf/JSP752_Ver9.pdf

07.0110. Mid-assignment Moves. DA is only payable for mid-assignment moves where the move of accommodation is for Service, compassionate, welfare or medical reasons. The Service person must have an expectation of occupying the new property for at least 6 months. Mid-assignment moves for other personal reasons, including on estrangement, and for operational deployments do not give an entitlement to DA.

I know for a fact that block refurbs attracted DA, as all personnel were told to move.

IMHO, not having hot water in your room, whilst being an inconvenience, would not attract DA, as it could be fixed by a Works Service. It may however get your SLA downgraded.

Yes, it was a 3 month inconvenience and no amount of complaints from me made any difference, but within 24 hours of my F/SGT getting involved, a new room suddenly appeared!!
TBH, knowing how difficult it is to justify any claim (entitled or not) using JPA, i think i'll save myself the hassle and refrain from claiming in the future. It only ever ends up in ME paying money back.
Thanks for the info :)
Regards

D

I

If I ruled the world

Disturbance Allowance for Singlies

Disturbance Allowance for Singlies

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the Mid-Tour DA allowance was been removed for moves from single accommodation last Apr - although it still applies for SFA mid-tour oves for service reasons. Totally unfair I know!

mild mannered janitor

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the Mid-Tour DA allowance was been removed for moves from single accommodation last Apr - although it still applies for SFA mid-tour oves for service reasons. Totally unfair I know!

to be fair it is a wee bit more of a hassle moving a whole house (changing gas and electric and other utilitys) than moving one small room's worth of stuff. More so if there are kids involved.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts

And the post before yours was dated March 2010, when it was still allowed.

But welcome by the way - why dont you take yourself to the introductions page?