• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Direct golf

fat lazy techie

Flight Sergeant
I have recently purchased a set of Mizuno MX19 irons from said shop in the title of this thread, the Walsall branch to be precise. Now imagaine my shock when I found the 7 iron missing when I opened the box. I phoned them straight away on the Monday, that being the day I got my promotion sticks, to mention said discrepancy and voice my displeasure. The remedy from them was yes it will be sent out and will be with you for Friday. Friday came and went with no club arriving. A call the following day resulted in a promise of a Monday arrival, Tuesday at the latest, and the revelation the person I had spoken to prior had forgotten all about it. Guess what, still no stick come Tuesday. I have now been promised Thursday 24th, I wait with baited breath and not a great deal of expectation.

Anyone else had problems with them? It's the first time for me but it's quite a bad one.

They have offered a goodwill gesture but I who knows WTF it will be. Any suggestions of what I should suggest? I'm thinking of a Taylor Made R7 Super Quad for at least half price.

fat lazy techie

Flight Sergeant
Hooray, my seven iron has now finally arrived.:pDT_Xtremez_30:

The promised goodwill gesture is somewhat poor though. Did I get any balls? Did I get an offer of discount on my next purchase? Did I fcuk.:pDT_Xtremez_32:

What I got instead was a fcuking pitch mark repairer FFS. Well unless they offer something else over the phone or in the post I will be taking my business elsewhere. In fact American Golf will match the Direct Golf prices if you ask.

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Faceless discount golf mail order company's are not worth the time of day in my opinion. Next time take a kick in the wallet and seek some new custom built clubs from your best local professional golf club maker. A good set of custom clubs will probably cost 20% more, but you will see a massive difference long term with the correct loft, lie, length and stiffness for your specific swing. :pDT_Xtremez_28:

fat lazy techie

Flight Sergeant
In all fairness direct golf do offer custom fitting, better if you go to their shops though rather than try and get a custom fitting on line or over the phone.