• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Diesel additive to clean injectors

Entropy

Sergeant
My car has a problem with it juddering when cruising along. The garage couldn't pinpoint a specific problem but believe that it is an injector problem. Can anyone recommend any fuel additive injector cleaner.

needsabiggerfuse

Flight Sergeant
When you fill up next time, try a tank of V-Power from Shell. The manager at my local place told me that the first tankful would clean all the gubbins out, and that I'd notice a difference thereafter. To be honest, I noticed it within 10 miles.

MingMong

Warrant Officer
I stuck some BG244 in my diesel. I noticed that the engine seemed to be running a little smoother, and the puff of smoke out of the exhaust on heavy acceleration has decreased (but not totally gone). It has certainly made a difference to the feel of the car.

Here's some feedback from an Alfa Romeo forum:

LINK