• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dhekelia?

I'm due to move to dhekelia this year. Was just wondering if anyone has been and knows what I can expect? Obviously I'm aware that its army but that is pretty much all I know. Help :-S

rugby then work

Cider Drinker
It's not just Army, it's VERY army. But there are worse places to be, pm me with any questions and I'll try to answer them.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Hot and Dusty

Hot and Dusty

Good news, it's right on the beach, bad news it's full of Army, didn't think there were any RAF there.

Very handy for going northside, you've got the crossing at Ay Nik.
Very handy for Ayia Nappa (if your allowed) and Protarus tourist resorts.
Very handy for Larnaca and it's Airport (this is where most of your new best friends will arrive)

That end of the island is usually hotter than Epi and Aki but at least at DHK has a sea breeze.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it, the long summers more than make up for the short winters and any crap you have to put up.