• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Desk Officers

tag_lincoln

Corporal
Q. Would you pi55 on your desk offr if he was on fire?

I'm thinking only if I pi55ed petrol but would welcome other views.

Dingbat

SAC
In a word; no.
I might put some marshmallows on sticks nearby though, you can't beat melted marshmallows :pDT_Xtremez_30:

tag_lincoln

Corporal
Why do they always hide behind 'the service need' and what they really mean is 'their need' ie getting that job or that person of their slop chit, sod the person or the service need. If they were career managers they wouldn't post people into jobs they were over experienced or underexperienced for just because it suited them and they were able to persuade their board that it was right.

Bums on seats Dept would be more apt.

W

Wonky Tonka

My desk have always been okay with me.

Sure, I've not had it all my own way, but I've always got a decent response from them and they haven't stood in the way of my career.

They have sight of a bigger picture and whilst it might seem that you are being shafted in the short-term, there is always the chance that you'll get what you want in the not too distant future.

Worked for me anyways:pDT_Xtremez_28:

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
My CM was fine last time we talked 18 months ago.

Me: "If you give me the job I want and have been wanting for 4 yrs, I promise never to contact you to request a move, and if I do, then you can say "Swim in your own sh!t" and hang up on me".

Her: "Ok, I'll see what I can do".

She got me that job and we've not spoken since.

A wonderful non-relationship me thinks!

Studley dangerfcuk

Flight Sergeant
I try not to talk to them if I can help it.

Last time I called, I got pinged for down south about 6 weeks later and then when JPA didnt arrive me back to the UK, I asked the HR people to sort it out and ended up getting posted with 3 days notice.

Luckily my wobbly orange sorted it out. Now I just dont bother.

Studley :0 :0 :pDT_Xtremez_06:

D

Douglas Bader's Right Leg

I have found that giving the Supply JO's Desk Officer esponsibility for Sqn Ldrs and catering officers has resulted in a significant reduction in capability. Effectively he has had his work load doubled to ensure that PMA does not exceed its desk allocation at Air Cmd.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
email is always good............................... if you can find they're new email address that is.

tag_lincoln

Corporal
They only contact me when it's time to shaft me. 6 days to my posting and still no assignment order, sighs. Honest PSF/JPA I'm posted, a man said so on the phone.