• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dem Bones

F

Fablon biff chit

Davis Monthan (US) Air Force Base, Nevada

On google earth:32 09 26.72 N 110 50 37.64 W elevation 1747 ft

Amazing, Apparently it cost 29 billion $!

Last edited by a moderator:

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
Flew over the 'Bone Yard' at Davis Montham in a Merlin back in 2004, awesome sight. They have a mega huge guillotine to take the wings off B-52s

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
u can see some planes in bits after they have met mr guillotine!
unreal place though isnt it? amazing how many aircraft are there.
we should nip over, really, in an LDV (with toolkit!) and get us some spares!!
managed to find area 51 in nevada too.
pretty good the google earth, just a shame that you cant zoom in far enough.

F

Fablon biff chit

unreal place though isnt it? amazing how many aircraft are there.

More than our whole air force?

They are stored there (If I recall correctly) because the climate means they won't rust.

F

Fablon biff chit

Here is a google Earth link... win zip needed.

Attachments

• 32 09 26.72 N 110 50 37.64 W.zip
    692 bytes · Views: 0

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
I had a wander around AMARC at Davis Monthan on a trail. (well, say wander, you take a coach the place is so massive)

From memory they had more aircraft there in storage (IE not being chopped up, able to be put back into flight condition fairly rapidly) than the Air Force has in total, including our stored ones.

They had a row of Phantoms that you could not see the end of, must have been over 50 just in that row.

Made an interesting, if a little geeky, day out.

Last edited:

tonka

SAC
I did that tour last time i was out there. and you only get to see a fraction of what is in that bone yard! we spotted a tonka or what was left of it. those phantoms are put to good use as flying targets for missile tests.
we could do that with jags now couldnt we? :pDT_Xtremez_31:

F

Fablon biff chit

For those without google earth...

Aircarft_cemetary_davis_montha_2007.png

S

Seymour Tw@tt

For those of you who get the chance to go to Russia, try to see Monino. It's the Russian Air Forces museum. It has an example of every Russian and Soviet aircraft built, including the TU 144 "concordski".

Sukhoi T-4 "Sotka"
24a.jpg

Su-25 "Frogfoot" attack aircraft & Tu-144 supersonic airliner
21a.jpg

Tupolev Tu-95 "Bear"
30a.jpg

Yak-38 "Forger", Lavochkin La-250A "Anakonda", Lavochkin La-15 "Fantail"
14a.jpg

Ilyushin Il-10
8a.jpg

:pDT_Xtremez_19:

S

Seymour Tw@tt

Some better ones at Monino:

all_1.jpg

all_2.jpg

all_4.jpg

Smashing place, not far outside Moscow either...

:pDT_Xtremez_28:

F

Fablon biff chit

Did you see any Hind D's? They are seriously ugly, they even look like killing machines rather than helicopters. Cool :)

800px-Mi24CP.jpg

Last edited:
S

Seymour Tw@tt

They had Hind A's as well as other variants - I think they look fanbloodytastic.

The Sovs have always made superb helicopters, and even now the Kamov Alligator and Black Shark attack helos are just something else...

50-7.jpg

50wor.jpg

:pDT_Xtremez_17:

S

Seymour Tw@tt

Couldn't resist another couple of pics:

Hind A:
Mil%20Mi-24_square_nose.JPG

Hind D:
Mil_Mi-24P.JPG

... and the Ekranoplan sea-skimming Caspian Sea Monster:
Bartini_VVA-14.JPG

:pDT_Xtremez_35:

E

Ex-Stacker

I must have been there at the same time as TM in 2004, & I agree that it is a sight to behold. i also had to go to Phoenix on a D-state run, and there is what looks like a civvy equivalent of the boneyard on the way there.