• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dear Shop Floor...

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Dear Shop Floor,

Can someone please tell me, why is it after reading the latest RAFHead news stating support to Frontline Operations is a priortity, Have I been unable to get a pair of bloody socks to wear!!! Stores here has had demands rejected and in desperation, I rung stores at my home unit to ask for some, then managed to get a couple of pairs posted out to me.

Last edited:

I look like Bruce Willis

I Suck Like George Michael
The FOMz said:
Dear Shop Floor,

Can someone please tell me, why is it after reading the latest RAFHead news stating support to Frontline Operations is a priortity, Have I been unable to get a pair of bloody socks to wear!!! Stores here has had demands rejected and in desperation, I rung stores at my home unit to ask for some, then managed to get a couple of pairs posted out to me.

Dear Fomz,

I would have thought that as an NCO you would have had sufficient planning skills to ensure that you packed enough socks to cover the duration of your deployment. You obviously were not paying attention on your IRT course. A good NCO would also have ensured that he packed a darning kit to carry out battle damage repair on his socks; by not doing this you are not just letting yourself down but all NCOs. After all how can the troops look up to you as an example if your toe is poking out of your socks.

If stores at your OOA det has run out of socks it sounds like a QA issue, I would come out there and sort it out myself but my Med cat prevents me from deploying.

By ringing stores at your home base you are simply by passing the system and as you know I could never condone that.

A question I have for you; why on earth would you want to wear bloody socks? As a NCO you should be wearing clean pressed black or desert socks only.

Hope this helps.
Bruce

S

shoutingwind

I look like Bruce Willis said:
Dear Fomz,

I would have thought that as an NCO you would have had sufficient planning skills to ensure that you packed enough socks to cover the duration of your deployment. You obviously were not paying attention on your IRT course. A good NCO would also have ensured that he packed a darning kit to carry out battle damage repair on his socks; by not doing this you are not just letting yourself down but all NCOs. After all how can the troops look up to you as an example if your toe is poking out of your socks.

If stores at your OOA det has run out of socks it sounds like a QA issue, I would come out there and sort it out myself but my Med cat prevents me from deploying.

By ringing stores at your home base you are simply by passing the system and as you know I could never condone that.

A question I have for you; why on earth would you want to wear bloody socks? As a NCO you should be wearing clean pressed black or desert socks only.

Hope this helps.
Bruce

you can darn? i remember when you came in to work with no button on your shirt. tut tut