• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

DE Fast Tracker.

R_Squared

Flight Sergeant
One of the lads I work with is one of the very last Fast Trackers to have been admitted.
He is near the very end of the new "take a ticket" entry system to JATCC. At the entry rate at the moment its going to take 2-3 years for him to get on a course and he asked me what would be the consequences of a failure at the various stages for DE on his Fast Track JATCC acceptance.
He has not been recommended for promotion yet and this is still a stipulation for his entry (He has only just been promoted to SAC). To add further complication to the matter he has recently been charged.
I have told him nothing so far.
I had thought that, as with other applications from other Trades, a failure would mean reverting back to your previous role. But as a Fast tracker he would just go back onto the JATCC conveyor belt.
In these circumstances I could see him being streamed FOA, however, he has stated emphatically that this is not a career route he wishes to follow. So his choices as they stand at the moment appear to be,

1. Stay the Fast Track course, clean up his act, get a recommendation and enter JATCC in 2-3 years.
2. Find out whether he is still eligible and apply for DE and accept the consequences of potential failure and the impact that will have on his career.

He is a young, bright lad, who I think would be a succesful candidate. Not quite Sgt material yet, but Cranditz would probably knock some semblance of maturity into him. In his current role, it will still require a lot of effort on his part to prove to his assessor's that he deserves to be recommended for promotion.
I am personally leaning towards option 1. However, I will be asking around today, and hopefully may glean a nugget with which to give him some sound advice, but I thought it might be worth a punt on here too.

Last edited:

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Two of my SAC ATCAs have gone down the DE route and are currently at Cranwell on phase 1 of NCAITC.

They were left in no doubt that if they failed either NCAITC or JATCC that they would have to remuster...... But hang on... FOA is a closed trade at the moment and recruitment is healthier than a healthy thing. So remustering to FOA is not a given. They would have to got to PHF and go through the system like everyone else and hope they can come back in as FOA.

If there is any doubt in his mind that he might fail NCAITC, then I would suggest that he stays as an ATCA. But just got his SAC's and been charged and the possibility of being a SNEC in a year or 3............. :pDT_Xtremez_42: attitude adjustment is needed.

opsgeek

IC Tea's and Key's
Option 1.
At least as a fast tracker he is going to get JATCC without jumping through the Cranwell hoops. Quite a few DE's have failed or withdrawn at Cranwell.

opsgeek

IC Tea's and Key's
From what I have heard from WO TG9, all 92 or so apptiude qualified (inc ATCA's) will be given their shot at JATCC on a time served basis regardless of what is on their SJAR.

Controller 1st, SNCO 2nd!

R_Squared

Flight Sergeant
From what I have heard from WO TG9, all 92 or so apptiude qualified (inc ATCA's) will be given their shot at JATCC on a time served basis regardless of what is on their SJAR.

Controller 1st, SNCO 2nd!

From what I've heard they still require a recommendation, I think I may have to make a phone call on Monday.

treen74

LAC
Quite a few DE's have failed or withdrawn at Cranwell.

I spoke to a training manager at Shawbury on the phone last night and she told me the 1st DE has gone through JATCC without any problems. As for the casualty rate on NCAITC - apparently it isnt as bad as has been made out. There have been folk that havent got through but they are being given a recourse where possible.

I'm doing my bit on the fitness front by doing lots of fitness classes with predominantly women-types. One of the "perks" of being daddy day care !!

R_Squared

Flight Sergeant
I believe it has been discussed on here before, but of the first 4 that went to Cranwell, 1 was binned unfit, 2 were re-coursed (due, apparently, to fitness issues) and 1 was successful.

At JATCC if you are unsuccesful at first you 'may' be offered a recourse subject to interview.