• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Day 00 fitness test

benji

LAC
first of all happy christmas to you all. Im off to RTS soon and i was just wondering if the now day 00 fitness test will be the same as i did at PRTC 14 press ups and 25 sit ups 70% pass. Or if its the going to be the new 20 press ups and 35 situps 100% pass. And if you fail that day do you go strainght home or do you get one more chance that week? Just want to make sure im fully ready :pDT_Xtremez_26:

LilStill

Sergeant
Believe we were told at PRTC it is 100% on all 3 areas. We were definitely told to turn up fitter so be prepared for 100% - previously it was 100% at day 4 (I stand ready to be corrected) so we'll be doing that standard very quickly anyway.

Short version: I think it's 100%. Aim for 100% and more and you'll be fine!

The policy with effect from the 4 Jan 2012 is that you will undergo the Fitness Test on Day 00, this will be 100% of the fitness test. If you do not achieve the required standard you will be put on Jackson Intake for remedial training, you will also be subject to a Training Review Board. My understanding is that with effect from 1 Apr 2012, if you fail the Day 00 fitness test, you will be subjected to a Training Review Board, which may result in you having your application stopped.

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail!!!!

first of all happy christmas to you all. Im off to RTS soon and i was just wondering if the now day 00 fitness test will be the same as i did at PRTC 14 press ups and 25 sit ups 70% pass. Or if its the going to be the new 20 press ups and 35 situps 100% pass. And if you fail that day do you go strainght home or do you get one more chance that week? Just want to make sure im fully ready :pDT_Xtremez_26:

benji

LAC
thank you for clearing that up,just wanted to make sure of the critera now. Ive been training hard so hopefully will pass . Just hope this damn cough goes in time :pDT_Xtremez_26:

84scouse

SAC
thank you for clearing that up,just wanted to make sure of the critera now. Ive been training hard so hopefully will pass . Just hope this damn cough goes in time :pDT_Xtremez_26:

if it's a chesty cough you have put some olbas (or anything eucalyptus based) into a bowl of boiling water & inhale the steam, it'll really help you.

You'll be fine with the fitness test, believe you can do it and you will do. (as long as you've put the training in!) :pDT_Xtremez_30: