• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Darwinism...

G

gemarriott

I know of a couple of fellow plumbers who have run over themselves with various mega complicated and unreliable self propelled mechanical weapon handling machines but nobody dumb enough to run themselves over with a rover.

Over with a rover, I ought to be a poet:pDT_Xtremez_14:

T

taz01

Poet that wears pink !!! One of gods chosen too. Oh the shame !!!!!!

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
I wonder if I am the only bloke in the whole history of the Air Force to have run himself over with a Landrover...
No it was a common thing when I worked in the Bomb Dump. Game was to set the hand throttle and get out and run round the wagon and get back in - if you ran yourself over you lost - simple Most folk thought that was enough but I did see acouple try it and fail with the rough terrain forklift which leaves some cracking bruises

G

gemarriott

No it was a common thing when I worked in the Bomb Dump. Game was to set the hand throttle and get out and run round the wagon and get back in - if you ran yourself over you lost - simple Most folk thought that was enough but I did see acouple try it and fail with the rough terrain forklift which leaves some cracking bruises

Christ on a bike I'd forgotten that game, couldn't do it now though:pDT_Xtremez_42:

he_who_dares_rodney

Flight Sergeant
I wonder if I am the only bloke in the whole history of the Air Force to have run himself over with a Landrover...

I once got my self bogged in on a hill with Rovers finest.
Stuck her in second and dug her out.
Chucked some bricks under the wheels and thought tht's cracked it.
Cue curseing as it not only sorted it but it shot off down the hill gathering speed.
Caught up with it only just and clambered in again only just.

I did watch a mate jump out of a Bedford TM down in Salisbury.
I watched his shocked face as he departed the scene sprawled on top of a landrover spare wheel.

When I worked in Gutersloh Bomb Dump in the late 70s the game while traveling along the ring-road to the Mess at lunchtime in the short-wheelbase Rover, was to climb out through the drivers window over the top & back in through the passenger window!
There was a host of weather related games & pastimes organized in the dump depending on the time of year.

I also remember a certain day returning from MT towing a 1 ton trailer we used to carry OTR equipt( I worked in Arm Ground Support Equipt), when we suddenly realized that it was no longer connected to us, then it over-took us & shot across a small bridge onto a grassed area & the towing arm dug into the deck & it came to a halt. As we reversed up to it & hitched up making sure we put the locking pin in the towing hitch this time, the Comms guys who were erecting a temporary aerial did give us some strange looks??

Another amusing day was when the Fire Section tried to drain the emergency water tank near the bomb dump gate, but that's another story!