• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cyprus 1974

I was at the other end of the Island at 9 sigs. A blue job among many pongoes and they give me a rifle, sit me in the back of a 3 tonnes and send me into Fama G to help get the families out..... What a great time we had. Next few days spent getting the few tourists and other Brit nationals out.

Saw law some hairy stuff around Turkey town and then it was back to camp to sleep with said rifle (and 63 rounds of ammunition - all they had in the armoury per man) and wait further trips.

A year later, I was the sole RAF casualty suffering a gun shot wound at the hands of the Turks. I would not have minded if it was a pukka incident but, I was only on the way to the beach at Dhekelia.......... 37 days in BMH was great fun until I got back to 9 sigs and find that some bar steward had nicked most of my vinyl collection.......

loved Cyprus as well as the Keo and Ouzo at 4 bob a bottle. Chug a lug trips from Fama G to Fig tree bay and one tree island..... ****ed as parrots but happy as heck.