• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Contracted out State pension.

Captain Kirk

Corporal
IIRC it was 2016 this was corrected, and everyone’s NI jumped up. You can check on how far you’ve caught up on .gov, but has anyone got the full £185 per week as a forecast State pension? I seem to be clawing back £5 a week per year, so in 2 years, age 55,I’ll be on for the full State pension of circa £185.
I never got a letter way back when, when FPS advised it’s members on completing a questionnaire on COPE, but it seems increasing the pension was not too hard.
If you haven’t heard of this, then be happy to ignore, it may well be just a pocket of people that were affected.

Cat Techie

Sergeant
Licensed A/C Eng
Get your time in. I get mine back to full wack next year at 57, but I have paid full wack since aged 42. Blame the Milk Snatcher and her lot for conning / not telling people.

4everAD

Sergeant
My forecast shows full state pension, it would have taken me 8.5 years to get it after starting paying full NI in 2016 (in the RAF my whole adult life).

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Your forecast normally gives a headline figure that is based on years of any type of contributions, you normally have to look for the COPE link to find how much of this is hidden in your Forces Pension, which you may or may not realise, and won’t be paid in your state pension.

It’s a valid way of expressing the situation, although I think some will be confused, but then again pensions and taxation can be very confusing.

Used to be clearer when we had State Pension and SERPS, you used to have to add two figures together, now that you have to deduct a figure from a bigger number it probably feels more negative, but it just amounts to the same thing at the end of the day.

Captain Kirk

Corporal
Your forecast normally gives a headline figure that is based on years of any type of contributions, you normally have to look for the COPE link to find how much of this is hidden in your Forces Pension, which you may or may not realise, and won’t be paid in your state pension.

It’s a valid way of expressing the situation, although I think some will be confused, but then again pensions and taxation can be very confusing.

Used to be clearer when we had State Pension and SERPS, you used to have to add two figures together, now that you have to deduct a figure from a bigger number it probably feels more negative, but it just amounts to the same thing at the end of the day.
You’re right, it is a nightmare!
I’ve worked 36 years, got credits for being a scaley brat for 2 years in Germany
and it says I have 2 more to get full pension, so 40 years to get a full pension when some can do it in 35 years. I’m assuming this extra 2 years is ‘the clawback’?
I’m assuming, of course, you can claw it back!

Captain Kirk

Corporal
How does this affect the amount of State Pension you get?

.gov site

…..’However, you should bear in mind that you may be able to increase your State Pension by adding further NI qualifying years before you reach your State Pension age.’

I’m happy it’s just clawing it back.

br9mp81

Corporal
if i carry on to end of tax year 23-24 i will get full whack as it is now its a difference of £480 a year when and if i get ro 67.
This despite only having 21 days out of work from my 18th birthday, 9 service,31+Civil service