• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

confusion over my medical discharge

C

chezgr81

Hello,

I am SAC stacker, been in 7 years 2 month, I had my medical board 1 March 2010 for my knee having had problems with it since 2004 where I dislocated playing hockey (on duty) had the ACL replacement done on the fast track system, although the operation was unsucessful and the scar reputured, they have since gone back in to invest to find some of the thigh bone has crumbled and I have several damage cartiliage and petella, they have put in a G1 uploader brace which I will have to wear for the rest of the life, I have just been given my exit date of 17 August 2010 although was informed that I am not entitled to any finicial pay out or pension, is that really true? Little gutted as I wont be getting my 7 year bonus now because obviously I wont be giving back my 18 months service. I joined the RAF playing for Scotland Scotland and now I can walk without this brace

I was discaharge under QR 607(15)(a) can anyone simplify what exactly is going on

:S thanks for time in advance:S

G

GEM

There will no doubt be several of resident medics and shineys along to help abnd tell you about various entitlements. They will all have god advice for you. Meantime contact, RAFA/SSAFA and the RBL for help. The will help fight for your rights and make sure you get what you are entitled to.

Good luck mate

P

pie sandwich

CLICKY

The Service personnel and Veterans agency will be the one who will deal with your pension and any claims. They will also be able to give you any advice required

Climebear

Flight Sergeant
As the injury occured before 6 Apr 05 it is not covered by the Armed Forces Compensaton Scheme: however,

All those who are injured or suffer ill-health caused by Service before 6 April 2005 are covered by the previous arrangements; the War Pension Scheme and the attributable elements of the Armed Forces Pension Scheme 1975.

A guide to invaliding benefits of AFPS 75 is at this link. It also gives some more information on the War Pensions Scheme.

This page of the MOD website gives a link to email the Veteran's Team of you have a query on the War Pension Scheme

Good Luck

Last edited:
C

chezgr81

thats for replying to my post so quickly, has put my mind at easy especially that booklet thank you so much guys means alot here let me get the brews in...

cup of corrrfeee cup of corrrfeee cup of corrrfeee cup of corrrfeee

M

Manic

Going through med discharge myself, and quite frankly the process is dire in the information you get.

I phoned henlow and asked about qr607 15a and it is invaliding, so I was happy as this meant a pension. No one would tell me what the QR means, and to be honest, it sucks. When you get the letter with your exit date, why can't the admin types tell you if you will get a pension then, instead of making you send letters off to all and sundry to find out. Rant over.................

Send off for a pension forecast to the veterans agency, that will tell you how much you will get.

You can have a look at this:

http://www.mod.uk/NR/rdonlyres/E1B38FC6-4EB0-4257-A894-D12C7EFD3062/0/20090429NCOSRates0910xlsU5.pdf

Look at the service invaliding pension table, you'll be rank OR3. (assuming you stayed on pension 75) will give you a good guide. I used it and got my svpa forecast spot on.

C

chezgr81

Manic you have just become my hero!!!!!!!! I read threw the QR and there is nothing about pension was going to phone Henlow so saved me a phone call lol, hoping that I will get a lump sum with the compentation because I never claimed it because it it was 2004 and I had to claim it after I left and it is still the same now so caught a break

thank you again so much

heres a brew for your help

cup of corrrfeee

xxx

P

POW

Don't forget to apply for a War Pension as well. You were after all injured while in service.

My main piece of advice is keep every letter you recieve to hand as you will need to refer to past communications all the time. Start a folder.

If you were treated by the NHS ask for a copy of your med records from the hospital, even if they charge you for them it is well worth it.

Hello,

I am SAC stacker, been in 7 years 2 month, I had my medical board 1 March 2010 for my knee having had problems with it since 2004 where I dislocated playing hockey (on duty) had the ACL replacement done on the fast track system, although the operation was unsucessful and the scar reputured, they have since gone back in to invest to find some of the thigh bone has crumbled and I have several damage cartiliage and petella, they have put in a G1 uploader brace which I will have to wear for the rest of the life, I have just been given my exit date of 17 August 2010 although was informed that I am not entitled to any finicial pay out or pension, is that really true? Little gutted as I wont be getting my 7 year bonus now because obviously I wont be giving back my 18 months service. I joined the RAF playing for Scotland Scotland and now I can walk without this brace

I was discaharge under QR 607(15)(a) can anyone simplify what exactly is going on

:S thanks for time in advance:S

Can i just hijack your thread for a moment? Did you find out about your discharge on the day of the med board? or did you find out later from PMA>

The reason I ask, is that ~I too have snapped my ACL had it rebuilt twice and unfortunately didn't get fit in time so went to the med board. On the day I was told that the decision will be made by PMA and have been waiting for about 5 weeks for my future to be decided.

Additionally I have sent you a pm, about your condition.

JPJ83

SAC
Paddington - your situation may well be different if there is a possibility you may still rehabilitate from your injury and operations.

If you are Med Discharged under the old scheme then your records are automatically forwarded to Norcross for War pension approval. You don't have to do anything, or that's what I was told and I am now in receipt of an occupational (RAF) pension and WP.