• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Childs University Finance Advice

My stepdaughter has been offered a place in University and we are trying to find out what finances she will be entitled to. I have to provide financial details to Student Finance about joint income. Do I have to declare my RAF pension ?

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
My stepdaughter has been offered a place in University and we are trying to find out what finances she will be entitled to. I have to provide financial details to Student Finance about joint income. Do I have to declare my RAF pension ?
How about thinking of the consequences if you don't declare your pension but should have?

FOMz

Warrant Officer
I did it last year for little miss Fomz and am doing it again this year for Minime.

Declare it, they will soon start questioning it if you don't as student finance talks to the tax office.

Doing the same for my step daughter. My pension and wage is low so she gets both tuition fees and maintenance grant. I pay nothing up front. She will pay it back when she earns over 21k. Don't try and hide earnings. The tax man knows!